RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the inner diameter of the handlebars, are they hollow all the way through, and what is the easiest way to get the grips off. I am asking because I am thinking of getting those bar-end blinkers. I think someone has already done it, so it shouldn't be to complicated.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
stock bars have weights in ends, throttle side chrome cap screws off, clutch side can be twisted off, use a rag and a strong grip. if you need to remove the foam grips, simply use a butter knife, insert it between foam and bar, squirt some windex in between, jiggle it around a little and they slide right off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****! Believe it or not, I actually like the stock bars. Are the weights solid, or is there a hole or sometinhg that I could drill out?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
The weights are solid but sit about 1 inch inside the bar. How far do the bar-end sigs need to go in? It looks like they have a spot weld at the bottom of the bar, if you can free that up you can probably pull the weights out.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
To get the throtle grip off you need to take the two screws out of the control housing. To get the clutch-side grip off you must peel back the rubber grip and use a flat-head screw driver and pry the end cap off. Be careful and you can save it, work your way around the end cap little by little. After you get the cap off do like Dice said and use a butter knife or screw driver to lift up the grip from the bar and spary some windex/WD40/409 inside and pull off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I prefer to use a sears rubber strap wrench to rotate the clutch side chrome cap off.
The caps are very easily damaged and the strap gets it off real easy with no damage.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
There is a special foam for the inner bars that eliminated any shake. Search at the net. If I can find I will post. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts