RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am I missing something , can you mount any kind of handle bars as long as your cable reach and they are comfortable to you ? or is there something diff about our bike?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Tank clearance and reach seem to be the big obstacles. The trees are standard metric center, but you have to get some height on the rise to clear the tank at steering lock. Plus the tank is pretty long making the reach hard for short riders.

Just pick the style you like, then measure clearance reach and cables. It will work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, several of us have switched to Flanders' bars with great results. Many different styles to suit your own particular taste.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1Warrior, I have Fladder's Harley high rise bar with Yamaha's highest risers. I suppose you could use any 1" bar but make sure your cables will reach. I had to add 11" to my control cables and splice my electrical cable. With my back rest, I'm in my rocking chair. I know it's not for everyone. Good heat shrink works wonders !! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif) Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1Warrior, I have Fladder's Harley high rise bar with Yamaha's highest risers. I suppose you could use any 1" bar but make sure your cables will reach. I had to add 11" to my control cables and splice my electrical cable. With my back rest, I'm in my rocking chair. I know it's not for everyone. Good heat shrink works wonders !! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif) Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1warrior,you can use just about any bar that suits your fancy,the only thing to remember if you are using harley bars is the knurling.If you use knurled bars their cut on a 3-1/2" center (if i remember right,ours are on a 4" center)which will peek out from under you risers,so try to stay with unkurled ones.I have flanders c6 bars,my wife has stock bars and harley style risers.she has more pullback and rise than mine.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Custom Bars similar to the Double T & Baron's Radi'ius bars WIL NOT work. Be sure to stick with the risers and 1" bars. I talked to Arlen Ness about making some custom bars for the Roadstars. They'll be in the $200 range, sooo I'm not sure if I will follow through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts