RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Very good company I think. A buddy of mine just ordered some bars from him. He will return your emails,and your phone calls. The bars are a little pricey,but they are definately custom. You can send him a picture and spec's of any bar you want built,and he can fix you up. All his bars are raw finish, but he will get them chromed are powder coated if you want. Super guy to deal with. I would highly recommend him. I'm going to order my bars from this guy when I decide what I want. Maybe after christmas.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
What's the spread rise and pullback on those?

Sorry its taken so long to reply, I've been pretty busy over the holidays. The bars in the pics are

1.5" diameter

14" Pullback

34" Width

4" Rise

They have more bars pictured but from what I've read they can customize the bars as well

Jon

·
Registered
23 Posts
purchased those exact bars from bill at br customs. he built them exactly to my specs the fit and finish is perfect, they can be ordered ( as mine where) with internal throttle , also supplied by bill. and with bolts that are drilled for wiring. he also sent me spacers so it appears that the bars are 1.25" in between the controls.right up to the grips. im gonna post pics, just gotta take em

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
im gonna post pics, just gotta take em

I'm looking foward to seeing your bars on the bike. I've got a set I am looking at that Bill is going to build for me,unless I like your's better. I have been checking your bars out for quite a while. On the internally wired part,doe's he drill them out for harley's controls,or did you specify a particular place to drill the holes?

Guy

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Billy's bars are top notch!! I can vouch for his work because I have his double dagger "Z" bars chromed and custom fit to my warrior. I am totally satisfied w/ the look and the pull back on mine. I get 13" pull back w/ about 8-9" rise w/ my bar & riser setup. I chromed it here in San Jose, CA for a lot less than Billy's site but my bar's pointy ends required more touch ups at the chrome shop and several layers of chrome to get it right.

There are some benefits to buying his bars: first it's the "custom" part, which will make sure it will fit and second, it's the quality of his work. Personally though, I needed the bars to be made w/ something heavier than aluminum since almost all aftermarket bars are made w/ aluminum and they were vibrating like **** on my bike. I've tried several things to reduce the vibration on my previous Yami T-bar and although I'd succeeded in "reducing" some vibration, it wasn't to my satisfaction. Hence, I was looking for an alternate material to create the same bars when I came across Billy's bars. Billy's bars are all made w/ steel pipes which is considerably heavier than regular aluminum bars. They vibrate less and that annoying "tiny" vibration that made my hand numb after a while was completely gone. Billy's bars were heavy and solid yet light enough to be on the risers and stay on.

If anyone is looking to reduce vibrations on their bars, Billy's bars will do the job. Plus, you can "customize" to your liking so it beats installing all other aftermarket bars for that purpose. You guys are welcome to take a look at my gallery! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Hey DK, I noticed you did not internally wire your handlebars. Did billy say they were too hard to wire,or you just are not able to do it because of the sharp corners you have to get by. My buddy Doug ordered just regular Z bars without the points,and is going to try to wire them internally. The daggered Z looks great on your bike. I'll be ordering mine from Billy soon. Nice job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi BR here you can run your wires internally in my daggerd z bars I put a 17" long spring inside the bars when I make them it works like a condwit so the wires can go in the bars with no problem . thanks Billy

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
I like these bars so took the liberty of adding them to the Feb09 update of Popular Mods. Very sweet. I look forward to reading some installed-and-riding reports!

firebu1 said:
Arizona Warrior said:
What's the spread rise and pullback on those?

Sorry its taken so long to reply, I've been pretty busy over the holidays. The bars in the pics are

1.5" diameter

14" Pullback

34" Width

4" Rise

They have more bars pictured but from what I've read they can customize the bars as well

Jon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gotta tell man that I just installed Big Fatty handlebars that vibrated like **** until I took them off and place a few washers (2 smaller diameter and one large one that matches the handlebar diameter on top. It's awesome! I found that without the washers, the bars sat directly on the triple tree head and didn't sit on top of the rubber bushings and vibrated like crazy., Now it's as smooth as the original stock bars.. Hope the word gets out on this before anyone buys those expensive vibration damping weights! 1.75 for 6 washers is ALOT better then 80.00 for some vibranators..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts