RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Where do I find the same or as close as possible to the hanging mirrors on the bike below?

Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I run thr bar end mirror on the left only hanging below my bars. Mine are from cycle gear. They work realy good and at a great price.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Joker mirrors are some of the most expensive mirrors you can find however they are also of the highest quality. Don't forget that with bar end mirrors you also need the plugs that go into the end of the handlebars to hold the bar end mirrors on the bike. you will also need to drill out the ends of your grips. you can now get the expansion plugs so you do not have to drill any holes into your handlebars.

you can buy some cheaper mirrors from Hong Kong/China but be careful because you usually get what you pay for but there are some out there that do the job.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here and have two questions.
1) I'm looking to purchase one of the Joker Mirrors and am torn between the Concealed Bar End Mirror and the 2 1/4" or 3 1/4" Bar End Mirror Stem D. So I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of the Stem D ones installed? All the pics in the older threads are dead and the pics aren't showing up.
2) More importantly, I'm wondering about the install with the Expanding Bar End Mirror Mounts. I have the Baron Radi'us Drag Bars and gave Baron a call today regarding the ID of the bar ends and got a weird answer. They said they are "approximately" 1"or less and it will vary significantly by handlebar given the manufacturing process. When I pull up Joker's site and their mounts, the largest they have is a 1" handlebar mount (p/n 09-300-2): .750" TO .850" - (19mm TO 21.6mm) which doesn't appear to be large enough to fit the ID of my bars. Am I missing something or will I need to Macgyver something to make this work? As Christo stated, these mirrors are not cheap but are of great quality, I've seen a number of pics of other warriors with aftermarket bars with the Concealed Bar End Mirror on them and am wondering what to do before making the purchase. Also, I plan on picking up the Kuryakyn Iso Grips in the near future too though I don't think that makes a difference with these.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a set of Baron radius bars laying around the shop , I can measure the ID and let ya know ..
Also I have installed different bars with the same mirrors I had on previous bars and did need to "Macgyver it" for the ID of the new bars was larger , I made an inner bar spacer out of copper tubing (pluming parts)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a set of Baron radius bars laying around the shop , I can measure the ID and let ya know ..
Also I have installed different bars with the same mirrors I had on previous bars and did need to "Macgyver it" for the ID of the new bars was larger , I made an inner bar spacer out of copper tubing (pluming parts)
That's perfect, thank you. If I were to split a piece of copper pipe down the middle, or in half, that should take up the slack inside the bars? Would I have to put some notches in the copper or rough it up some how to keep it from spinning or will there be enough pressure from the expanding mounts to hold it in place? Do you happen to know the thickness of the average copper pipe? They have two other sizes as well.
  • 1" handlebar mount (p/n 09-300-2): .750" TO .850" - (19mm TO 21.6mm)
  • 7/8" handlabr mount (p/n 09-300-1): .650" TO .750" - (16.5mm TO 19mm)
  • Fat bar mount (p/n 09-300-3): .550" TO .650" - (14mm TO 16.5mm)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I just slit the copper pipe on one side and worked it till fit well inside the bars .. don't know the thickness of it as It was something I had laying around the shop (fairly thin wall though) .. no roughing or notches as the copper is very soft and the inside of most bars are not very smooth ...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Zmann .. the ID of the Baron bars I have are 3/4" / 19mm
Thank you! I gave them a call at Joker and they were super helpful. They recommended using some metal ducting tape to wrap around the expanding part and just cutting a slit where needed. They told me if its the wrong size to just let them know and they'd send out the correct one for me asap. Seemed like good folks to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts