RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully were've ALL made it through Christmas in one piece, now the next hurdle.

Wishing ALL the Warrior fraternity a VERY

HAPPY NEW YEAR

See you ALL in the new year.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
It's been a continuous hangover for the last week... Let's see how long I can keep it going....

Thanks!

And a Happy New Year to All.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Better late than never, happy new year all.

yet another year to get some great riding in, and hope to see all the Oz warriors at WWW09 later this year.

Ride safe all.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes, ******, better late than never. There've been a few hangovers between NY and now and today's only the 5th.

WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS 2009

New Years eve I was riding to Bendigo and stopped half way for a smoko. I was doing the obligatory "standing there admiring my girl" when sh!t, that's a hole in the middle of my belt *&&^%%$#$$^&*(*)

Had no option but to press on to Bendigo and hope it would hold together till I got back home. It did.

What spectacular timing Hans, I just happened to have a belt in my garage.

Spent all day Friday (I'm not really a mechanic) putting the new belt on.

The old belt had picked up a "bitumen coated stone" at some stage and this had been pushed right through the belt. This was the first time this has happened to me in 50,000 kms. Might be a coincidence but a couple of months ago I replaced the stock lower belt guard with a chrome one and they don't have the wall on the inside of the belt.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'day gtg,

Sorry to hear about your drama, but then again it is really not one. The belt as you found out was still fine, because the power in the belt pulls through the horizontal, so the hole will have minimal effect. Don't throw the old belt out, it is still good for a spare. I did over 15,000k on a belt with a stone in it. I didn't have the luxury of a spare at that time.

Two trains of thought on the lower belt guard: 1. It keeps the greater magority of stones out and away from the belt as it feeds under the rear pulley, however, if one does manage to get in there then it is going through your belt. No questions asked, there is just nowhere else for it to go.

2. With no lower guard, the stones fly up onto the rotating belt and get flung off into never never land. Be pretty unlucky to get a stone to time it just right and get into the middle of the belt at that precise time that it is blending with the rear pulley. Having said that it is still possible but highly unprobable.

I have done two belts with stones while the lower guard was on and none since it has been off. Your choice.

Of course when you go to the Fat Belt, then there is no question. SHE'S OFF.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Oh I dunno, I've heard of someone who put the lower guard over a 1.5" belt.

Mind you, the guard was cut in half pretty quick I believe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts