RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say Thank You to all the moderators, members, and vendors of RSWarrior.com!

On Thanksgiving morning I placed an order for a new Dell PowerEdge 2900 Server that will be used to run RSWarrior.com. The server was purchased with the Donation money that the members have given me over the years.

Here are the specs of the new machine

Happy Thanksgiving and Thanks to all of you!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Dang CarKnee - that's quite a machine! 4gb of RAM, two 300gb 10,000 rpm HD's, Dual Core Xeon, etc etc. Phew! That's a HOT puppy there. Truly befitting the Warrior board!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have a great birdday. Carknee, My helmet is off to you for your ongoing efforts to make this the slickest site on the web. Good luck with the new server. Hope to meet you one day here on the Island.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
"I love you guys!" [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
/falls into tryptophan coma

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

Dang CarKnee - that's quite a machine! 4gb of RAM, two 300gb 10,000 rpm HD's, Dual Core Xeon, etc etc. Phew! That's a HOT puppy there. Truly befitting the Warrior board!

Thats exactly what I was thinking, man 4gb of RAM, and the Dual Core Xeon, that puppy must sound great.......

BTW, for us cavemen out there, what does all that mean [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dave

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Carknee, Cool and I hope you had a great Turkey Day!

quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave

quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

Thats exactly what I was thinking, man 4gb of RAM, and the Dual Core Xeon, that puppy must sound great.......

BTW, for us cavemen out there, what does all that mean [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dave

Dave, Think of it as an Aircraft. It would have the payload of a B-52, the speed of a SR-71, and the handling of FA-18D. In addition, it self refuels and can automatically catch a 3 wire in a 70kt crosswind. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RatPhlem failed to mention the other two 36GB 15K RPM SAS drives that are in there!

The OS will run on the faster, smaller, drives.
The 300GB drives will hold the data.

It will sound like a jet engine when all the fans turns on!

Bear, I like your interpretation!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!Now I'm off to ride and try to get rid of some of the 42,563.9 calories I just ingested.Does anyone know how many calories per hour you burn while riding twisties on the worlds greatest V-Twin ever made(RSW)?Happy Holidays![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts