RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice info on the trailer, even tho. I thought of an enclose but I was worried bout storing when not in-use......but I must ask who's rear fender is on the bike? I'm looking to go fat(260)and hearing the stock rear fender will not fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is pretty easy. I have done it with 2 people pushing and by myself with the engine running, walking next to the bike, and working the clutch. (Gotta be careful with the solo method) The trailer deck tilts all the way to the ground, but I prefer to use a ramp.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Nice write up. I borrow a less HF trailer and did 12 hours each way.

Just as a side note, it is cheaper to rent the U-Haul as a local move for a few days rather than a one-way trip. Sucks pulling a empty trailer but it was a 10th of the cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not as scary as it sounds. Let it idle, feather the clutch, take it slow, and cover the brake. If you hit the front brake, it'll stall out the engine if you release the clutch. Give it just enough to get it up the ramp then kill the engine once the rear tire is on the trailer.

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
Nice info on the trailer, even tho. I thought of an enclose but I was worried bout storing when not in-use......but I must ask who's rear fender is on the bike? I'm looking to go fat(260)and hearing the stock rear fender will not fit.
A stock fender will still fit a 260.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Have been on the lookout for a cheap utility trailer forever & scored a flatbed last fall for 2 bills, 3 aluminum ramps came with it. Built the side boards with lift out tail gate, added fenders from an old boat trailer, eye bolts for tie downs & paint. The ramps pin in place & can be moved for required track widths. Sold 1 ramp for 40 bux = paid for lights, wiring & paint.
Don't need a tag for a trailer in TN if under 20' long IIRC
T-1.JPG (129.7 KB)
T-2.JPG (130.5 KB)
T-3.JPG (129.4 KB)

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts