RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m new to this bike it has 2.5” hard krome straight pipes on it. Is there baffles available for these ? It’s so loud I can’t relax on it. I don’t mind louder pipes but to me these are ignorantly loud and attract more attention than I want. Not trying to start a debate about loud pipes these just aren’t for me. I bought the bike like this so I don’t have original exhaust. My next question would be I have a power commander for it would baffles or any change to the exhaust require a change in my programming?

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
Are they loud standing behind the bike and also in the rider seat on the road at cruise, or just under acceleration?

There are baffles for them but I think its wise to wait for someone with first-hand knowledge because some cheap ones get spit out the back.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
999 Posts
@JsaintX

I have not seen that picture of your bike, its a bad ass beast!
You can buy baffles on eBay however, I would pack them before installing them. If money is no object fibreglass sheeting makes a good baffle. However if your poor like some of us, you can pack them with steel wool. You should be able to buy a roll of steel wool at your hardware store for a couple of pesos. I did the Bees baffles with steel wool and they sounded great. I don’t know about the US, but here we can get steel wool made out of stainless, so you don’t have to worry about rust. JMO.

·
Registered
2002 yamaha warrior
231 Posts
Well thk ya 2k for it n probably another 2k in parts new exhaust installed Saturday

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can buy baffles on eBay however, I would pack them before installing them. If money is no object fibreglass sheeting makes a good baffle. However if your poor like some of us, you can pack them with steel wool. You should be able to buy a roll of steel wool at your hardware store for a couple of pesos. I did the Bees baffles with steel wool and they sounded great. I don’t know about the US, but here we can get steel wool made out of stainless, so you don’t have to worry about rust. JMO.
Will the baffles install in place of the factory end caps or do I have to modify the existing baffles ?

·
Registered
2002 yamaha warrior
231 Posts
The real one go in before the caps there's 2 holes thy slip in to the headers which are bout 16inches from the ends

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m new to this bike it has 2.5” hard krome straight pipes on it. Is there baffles available for these ? It’s so loud I can’t relax on it. I don’t mind louder pipes but to me these are ignorantly loud and attract more attention than I want. Not trying to start a debate about loud pipes these just aren’t for me. I bought the bike like this so I don’t have original exhaust. My next question would be I have a power commander for it would baffles or any change to the exhaust require a change in my programming? View attachment 252569
I loved the 2.5” Hard Krome Straights when I had them on my 02. I didn’t realize you could still get them. I liked them cause they were excessively loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the baffles install in place of the factory end caps or do I have to modify the existing baffles ?
Roadburner and DG hard chrome are the same company. The three sets of road burner street pros, formerly hard chrome that i bought came with baffles installed, they do lower the harshness of the sound some

1 - 13 of 13 Posts