RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I searched [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]and read the various exhaust forums and have come away with the understanding that to maintain the bikes torque advantage the best bet is a 2 into 1 exhaust such as the propipe or the s* pipe.

I found a company called Hard Krome that makes two 2-1 pipes Sideburnerhttp://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPP+D43-4130&Category_Code=HKW

Would the upward tunr on these pipes have an adverse effect on backpressure, and anyone have an opinion on how they stack up against the propipe/s* pipe?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I used to have the SideBurner I got a little better torque numbers than stock but not that much HP gain. The pipe was the best sounding pipe I have heard. It is a much bigger pipe than the propipe. THe HP Numbers are much better with the propipe

·
Registered
576 Posts
propipe is #1 if your looking for better numbers on the dyno.

PROPIPE - Biker tested, mother approved [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome Nightdog!!

I don't know about you, but I think that Sideburner is about the nastiest looking pipe out there. More horsepower is nice, but sometimes (SOMETIMES...) it isn't the only thing. Plus, there are many other ways to make more power...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I should mention, though, that Hard Krome has a bad customer service reputation on this site. I personally don't have any experience with them, but others have, and it's mostly negative.

There are also some with no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just to valance things out, I have the axxelerator and I like the way it sounds and the power feels good.
The first pipe fail apart because of rust, the company shipped a new one at no cost to me. I will say that is good buisness, but will have to wait and see if this one falls appart too.
The Best sound as far as I'm conserned is with my 2" straight outs, it just doen't get louder than that, just one small problem, after a long run..Huuuuu, what you say?
I went with this look and design because I hate draging pipes, so keep that in mind when you buy yours, how much do you leane? If you are like me, you need high pipes.

http://webpages.charter.net/manuelnavarrete/My_Homepage_Files/Download/3.WMV

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the info...yeah I like to lean....poor pegs...which is why I was looking at alternatives to a propipe, just eyeballing it, it looked a bit low to the ground.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the sideburner and love it. I'm a shovelhead guy, and this pipe makes everyone look. It reminds me of an old big block vette with side pipes. I'll dyno mine after the 110 kit, but I'm happy with the hp so far. I ran an 12.70 easily with just the pipe and a map from dynojet. I didn't go with the V&H because I wanted it loud!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the sideburner and it is great for making traffic part when splitting lanes. I feel like Moses crossing the Red Sea when I drive it. It does drag a bit on right handers but you wont see the scratches unless you are under the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts