RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on my first hard ride in a long time today. Just rode the highways alone for a few hours. Got almost to north carolina then came back went around sumpter and blythwood. ITs amazing how the bike performs at high speeds, even doing 80mph, when i had to juice it to get into another lane the bike felt like i had plenty of power left. Spending all that time by myself really left me some space to think.. Its weird how it gives me peace of mind to know and feel like im on the fine line between life and death. Its exhilirating but also very calming at the same time.. I know that at any second, it could all be over with.. and to live, to truly live, right there between is incredible. It's a sense of freedom that one can only feel on a motorcycle. It's a shame that as you grow old you become jaded, no matter how hard you try to retain your sense of purpose and youth and whatever else it is thats important to you.. I dont know what it is but i feel an imense amount of indifference to everyday life.. people, and situations.. but when im out there alone on the highway, i get to feel alive again. The balance between life and death, dark and light, decay and beauty is so fragile and thin.. I dont know if anybody else feels or thinks about this kinda stuff.. but i thought i'd share this.. "epiphany" as it were. Keep riding, keep living, and keep loving.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Usually when we (y buddies) ride, we just try to think of where the next bar is at!!! lol

Keep ridin her hard, she loves it!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got back as well from a good days ridin in Nebaska (upper 40s to 50s). Little brisk but bomed around enough to enjoy the last decent day before the snow takes over :( . I could not help while freezing my ass off to have the good ole *** eatin grin plastered ear to ear and making the drivers in their SUVs and cars wonder. I did get off a few of the main roads and got her over 120, man sheloved it and if at all possible my grin became wider. Hooked up with a few other riders with the same idea of catchin the last good day and we all rode till we found a good waterin hole. Talked with one of the ole farts ridin an old shovel head, he asked me what the **** I was ridin and how is that thing louder than his? Threw him the key, told him its insured, snaged his key, let him go and see how much fun it was before explainin anything to him. I think that I converted a die hard old HD man to a warrior nut! All in all I think that it was a productive day of messin around! As well as showing an old vet the dark side!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts