RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys

as i said before this bike is new to me i have noticed that it cracks hard like it has a bad battery

but i checked it and it's fine for a 135 cca battery. is there a compression release on this bike 2004?

is the decompression release the same thing? our would a 210cca battery solve this problem?

chris

·
Registered
492 Posts
i had the same problem from day one with the bike with the standard battery....

just installed an svr 14 and now it starts at the first try...

so,... i will say get an svr 14... you need more cca.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

I've gone round and round on Batteries including a 260CCA (I don't believe that rating at all) one from Batteries Plus but the SVR14 did a wonderful job for me with my 108 kit. I'd recommend it above all others in a heartbeat.

There is a compression release and you can check the fuse for it too (thanks AlanH:}) I think it's the second fuse from the rear on those six or so fuses under the seat. Or take the small right side cover off and watch it activate as you try to start it in neutral.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does the SVR 14 Battery really crank over the bike alot faster then the stock battery? My bike has always sounded like the battery is half dead. I just got a new one from Yamaha bout 2 months ago and it got a little better. but it still sopund half dead.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is this a confirmed solution to hard starting? My bikes got 10.5:1 108 and i have to attempt to start it 2-3 times, it also sounds like a half dead battery, but the bike was prepped aboyt a year ago from the showroom floor..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts