RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know, I know... this is a silverado, but i do also have a warrior and did not feel like joining another website.

It is difficult to find neutral on my wife's silverado when it is hot. When the bike is cool no problem. Any ideas on this one.

Also the oil level goes down, however it does not burn oil. it does have a couple drops coming from the breather/overflow hose under the bike, but not enough to account for the loss.

Any ideas why the oil would be coming out of the breather/overflow

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I don't know if the silverado has a cable clutch.. but if it does...

You cable might me stretching a little when hot or constant use... try taking up a little slack on that cable...

If the clutch is hydraulic... then disregard this post..

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
Roadstar Silverado, or VStar 1100 Silverado, or VStar 650 Silvarado? What year? What engine mods?

A drop or two of oil in the breather is normal, comes from high rpm riding (such as freeways).

Do you see the residue proof that oil is pumping out the breather? If not, where do you think the oil is escaping?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will do, they are both, 1700 roadstar, big difference is with my warrior the wife gets to eat my dust

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MY bad, it is and 05 silverado 1700.... as for the breather, i am refering to the rubber hose at the back of the engine.... the area where the swing arm bolts onto the frame. That are has a slight buld up of oil... and 1 or 2 drops will fall on the floor from there after a ride.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My warrior was hard to shift in/out of neutral when hot, believe it or not just swapping to synthetic oil helped. I think a combination of it running cooler and better lubricating problems I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not had an issue with my warrior (knock on wood). However i just changed the oil in the silverado for a different type... i will see if it makes a difference

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
Take in a hint of slack on the clutch cable and WD40 both ball-ends so they pivot easily in their sockets. When the bike gets hot and the cable expands a hint, it'll off-set it. If you go too far you'll bump into the opposite problem.

I'm not familiar with the breather tube on the 2005 R* but it looks like a closed loop? Items 2, 3, 4, and 5 (etc):

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oooooohhhh i like that. You would not have one showing the transfer case i would like to change the gear lube, but not sure where drain is, i know there should be 3 openings. 1 on top to fill, 1 inspector on side (somewhere), and 1 underneath to drain... Am i wrong?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts