RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sorry 2nd vid will be up soon my mouther in law got hit in her truck as I was doing the 2nd vid so I had to hall ass to her will het it up soon

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did this problem start happening after you installed your bak and coil plate? If so then i would think you might have pinched one of the hoses to your lcv.

No it was doing that before I ever did it . And after I moved every thing it was better and now no

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
also seems as if your idle is a bit low. does it stay at 750? bump it up about 150rpms. some people run theirs at about 1000 but mine throws a code if i run it that high. 900 is my max

No when it starts its low but as it get hot it goes up I have moved the idel up to 900rpm

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
And as I start it I smells like fuel bad as I am trying to start . And I did notes it got harder after I put the fuel pak on to

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Did you just now move the idle up? Cuz it sounded way slower than 900 in your clip.

If you just now moved it up, how does it start now that you moved it?
i think he is saying that when he first starts it, the idle is slow...but as it heats up the idle increases, so by the time it is warmed up the idle is at 900

I still dont think the LCV is the problem because there shouldnt be a hot start problem if the lcv is bad. he is in a warm enough climate where he shouldnt even need and LCV all year long.

sounds like he is waayyyyy too rich on start up. dont know enough about the fule pak to know if that has a startup setting

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
If it is spark problem, it will smell like gas until spark is good, then it will start.
Did you check connections under tank etc?
Don't think its the plugs I changed them out at 55000 miles so thay are new went back with stock NHL plug

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
And as I start it I smells like fuel bad as I am trying to start . And I did notes it got harder after I put the fuel pak on to
See - this is what I meant when I said"aaaand.." You slowly give us more information that changes the whole picture. If it started starting harder unplug the fuel pak and see what happens. If that solves the problem, then obviously there is something wrong with it, or it is set improperly. My cobra has a setting for idle. If yours is similar, then you have the idle set way too rich.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Joey

From you're Youtube video... it's the LCV stuck closed.

Every time the engine and the little brass temp sensor cool off enough, the LCV is re-activated... even on hot days.

From what it sounds like, and you reporting that is smells really badly of gas when it does start.. it's really rich because the LCV is not opening and allowing in the extra air it would normally, to allow the higher idle when cold. You can remove it, clean it, and re-install it. Or you can just remove it all together and use your hand to hold the throttle open for cold starts like I do now that I've deleted my LCV.

It's a bit of a pain on cold days.. but it works just fine!

Don't forget to cap off the vacuum lines from the throttle bodies that would be fed by the LCV.... DO NOT tie them together.. they need to stay separate!!!! (I found out the hard way!! lol)

Good luck man!!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
A couple of us had this discussion a couple of weeks ago. I WANT YOU TO TRY THIS, once you get your bike started try squirting some spray brake cleaner or WD-40 around the intake manifolds or anyplace else you added or removed air cleaner stuff. If the idle jumps up you've got a leak.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts