RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we opened the box...found 3" staggard straights and three pieces of metal and no instructions....hmm ok.. played the "what goes where"
game for 30 min. Checked internet..Hardkrome web site has
instructions..but the 6 illustration pictures had a big red "X"
..meaning no pictures were attached to the link. What else..
... then i had one bolt that came with the kit that was too short..
then had to re-drill one hole in the mouting bracket cause the
punch out tool used to make the hole left an edge and the paint
closed up the hole even more.
Ok so now 3 hours later..the pipes are on..they sound awesome!!
They look beautiful and I was stopped at the gas station on my
test run sunday by 3 people asking about the bike and pipes.
So in all..I love choice I made..but just think for $500
There should be a clear PCIII mapping for these pipes and I think
they could have paid more detail to what went into the box..
Or didnt go into the box..but again the pipes look and sound better
than I could have hoped for!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I still haven't figured out how to attach the piece which I believe is the heat sheild for the brake reservoir. After I installed my pipes, I wrote something to the effect that they looked and sounded awesome, but that the instructions were absolutely worthless. If it weren't for a little common sense, I'd still be working on them. All in all I agree however. They're a great choice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,
If you looking at the side of your bike with the pipes and you looked directly at your seat..then follow
a straight downward line to the bottom of the frame ..there is a "cresent moon" shaped piece of black metal that protects the line from getting kicked or bumped..two allen bolts hold it on...well that
Heat shield they send you replaces that because that
bottom pipe is sitting almost on that in-line metal fitting. Luckily my bottom pipe was still loose when I found out where to put it.. cause I needed to move
it a bit to get it under the pipe and up and around the line.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
crusteel45 if you get it I would like it as well, mine are the long straights not the stagered but they can not be much if any different.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crusteel,
Thanks for the offer. I still have the stock breather.
How to read your PCIII mapping.
Hmm well.. I have not installed mine yet so what from
what I read in the Dynojet instructions ..you can look at the PCIII and see where the display lights are set at for LOW MED and HIGH. OR..
you could plug in your laptop to the PCIII chip ..running the DYNOJET software and choose show map. But I wouldnt ask you to do that in case you accidently erase what you have paid someone to load for you. I just plan on loading the 3"DG KICKER mapping..those pipes look pretty close to what we have.
Keith

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Ya know what FLATDOG, I don't see any Pics of the new pipes in your gallary!!! Come on man, We are supposed to see it befor everyone else. like i should talk, i better update my gallary, quik!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redbull,
Well I started 3pm on Saturday afternoon..thinking
this wont take long..
I finished the Pipes, and ISO grips,mirrors and the throttle boss and the chrome goodies at 3AM Sunday morning. I was grinning so hard on Sunday I just
plain forgot to take pics..
I just ordered the Corbin Boulevard Solo seat (plain) like 10 min ago.. so this weekend is the
Sunrise Cycles "Poker Run" in Norfolk VA.. I will
definately get my bike pics updated.
Dads Vstar 1100 custom got - Kuraukan rear turns,
stainless braided lines, ISO grips, and he just ordered
those LEGEND forward controls.
This is an ADDICTION.!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts