Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motercycle.com has an article on the Warrior vs VRod. heres the link

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompare/03_VRod_Warrior/index.motml

·
Registered
57 Posts
The title for that story should have read this: HD V-Rod(Porsche Powered) vs Warrior w/ new exhaust. I don't know about your area but when you talk about V-Rod to HD riders in NC, they hardly even acknowledge it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I find the prices to be a little in accurate. in all reallity these are the MSRP's, but i still have not seen a V-Rod for under 21,000, and i haven't still seen a War for over 10,000. Maybe it is a little different in your area. and you can't compare a air cooled to a liquid cooled. of course the V-Rod is going to beat the War. the looks,, you can't compair either. I like the looks of the War over the V-Rod. I like those mpg's, i haven't heard a War with the pro pipe yet. I wonder wat a V-rod would do piped!?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Great article. Always love a good Warrior video. The Warrior is just the $h!7. The V-rods a nice bike, but a little to pricey for the import cruiser it is. And just try to get one of those V-Rod owning doctors,lawyers, whatevers to race you!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take a notice of the difference a rider makes by the times posted in that article. A friend of mine bought a V-Rod the same time I bought my Warrior. I beat him all the time. Off the line, 30 mph roll, in the corners - pisses him off so he reminds me of all the bench racing articles like this one that say the V-Rod will eat the Warrior. Not with him and me as riders /emoticons/emotion-1.gif))). When we do race, it's always in front of about 10 other friends which really makes him mad but he keeps trying. One of these times he'll get it right and I'll have to buy the Speedstar kit [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great link! I have some qu's though the race times every article you see post different times speed ect. in cycle world march 02 they post a 1/4 mile time of 12.6 at 106.44 mph in this article they have a top speed of 99. mph I know this is mostly rider. Than you look at the horsepower one article will read 80 another 75,73,70 whats the deal. They put a propipe on and claim 5 more horse well there have been poeple on this site who claim more and posted with bak 95 horse and custom map over 100lbstq. whats the deal I know climate elavation all play part but I can't beleive how much of a difference there is on this. It is confusing to say the least. Just some thoughts I had in all the articles that are out there.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Dyno numbers are +/- 5hp, I believe. So one person's 85hp is another's 90hp and another's 80hp. Not to mention this article didn't mention anything about the map, was it custom or was it a generic propipe map? And who ran it at the stip? Was it the guy who wrote the article or was it a experience racer? Lot's of unknowns. I always take these kind of stats with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry about the numbers just Ride.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] This is a awsome looking bike that turns EVERYONE's head.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] It performs out of the box like a custom HD, for less than half the price. Stoplight to stoplight it will hold its own with any v-twin. It is not a R-1. It is not water cooled. IT IS JUST BAD ASS WARRIOR. and it is the talk of most towns right now.[:I] The two or three that were on the Showroom floor 1 month ago are gone here in PHX. and there arent any used ones for sale in the Cycle Trader. People are keeping them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I could't agree more! Numbers are not that big of a factor I just like to get the best bang for the buck like everyone and know my hard earned money was not wasted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sangathor is right about the dyno #'s, and some Yamaha press will give you HP at the Crank instead of the rear wheel for a higher figure. Its a bad idea to focus only on horsepower. HP is only as good as your ability to put it to the ground (see Dodge commercial with the Hemi pickup VS Dragster). This bike has the whole package. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER.
I've ridden the V-rod, its a good bike, but its for the guy that buys a Harley because its a Harley, the same reason he bought his BMW. He wants to tell people at the office that he has a HOG and is a badboy on the weekends. WHat do people who dont know bikes say when you tell them you have a Yamaha Warrior? No reaction right. Thats why some people prefer Harley's.
My brother has a V-rod (and a BMW) and a much smaller bank account. He would never admit it, but my bike is way more fun to ride with real world performance . And he sure does want to swap bikes alot when we ride.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't take a v-rod or a hog if they were givin em away free when I want to ride I want to ride not wrench on some oil droolin tired iron peice of crap hog, I wouldn't swap my warrior for ten v-rods[8D]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crazyone777

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't take a v-rod or a hog if they were givin em away free when I want to ride I want to ride not wrench on some oil droolin tired iron peice of crap hog, I wouldn't swap my warrior for ten v-rods[8D]
I would!!!!! just so i could sell them and get 30 WARRIORS for the same price!!!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
man i would jump on a free vrod or any free hog. just think of all the mods you could afford once you sold it. Yeah give me one!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
cant we just all be friends.(no) i feel kinda bad for the harley guy who tried to keep up with me today in the twisties on the way to the cheese factory. after a while i slowed down to see how far back he was but i never saw him. on the way back i saw some cops with their lights flashing. hope they wernt for him

·
Registered
349 Posts
You got that right AZWARRIOR, turns heads and $h1t's and gets for a cruiser. BLows them stock 88cu away and for half the price.[8D]

·
Registered
108 Posts
i should of bought a harley so,(1)i can be broke(2)so i can be broke down(3)so i never have to take a bath again(4)so i can smell like oil everyday(5)so i can be smoked at every green light(6)so i can wish i had a warrior(7)so i can take out a second morgage to make my harly almost as fast as a warrior(/emoticons/emotion-11.gifso i can get a harley tattoo(9)so i never have to change my oil agian,just add some(10)so i can be diviorced.top 10 reasons i should of bought a harly!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts