RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is the recall but has anyone actually had problems. My Hayabusa is on its 3 tranny in 1/3 the miles my Warrior has.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Seems like A Yes or No question to me ...No I have not, nor, have I read anything posted by any regular member of this forum about themself, or anyone they personally know of, having a tranny locking up because of this recall issue positivly . Please correct me if I am wrong ..-Gary

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
mxgod, are you saying this article doesn't count:http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13238

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Oly , all I am saying is untill someone on this forum who's oppinion I respect tells me ,they, or someone they knows tranny locked ,and, when the bike was takin apart they found a broken circlip was at fault. Its ALL Bullsh!t to me -G

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oly

mxgod, are you saying this article doesn't count:http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13238
Confirmation that the tranny indeed locked due to a worn circlip and engagement of two shift dogs. Now that this is a full blown recall any bona-fide occurrences the manufacturer becomes aware of need to be fully documented and tracked by the manufacturer and reported to NHTSA. Spoke with a NHTSA representative last week, as of that time there were several reports of transmission lockups for the XV1600 Roadstar but still zero for the XV1700 Roadstar Warrior. That ain't a rumor, that's a fact.

Not saying it can't happen, just saying that for me it will take more than some one I've never met logging onto a website and posting that oxygen will make you sterile for me to consider giving up breathing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
quote:Originally posted by stiletto
it will take more than some one I've never met logging onto a website and posting that oxygen will make you sterile for me to consider giving up breathing.
I thought it was marriage that makes a man sterile. Oh no, wait a minute, that's just how you get folks to stop having sex. Never mind...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
infanterene, I've changed my mind, there have been no failures, there is no danger at all, all the bikes are completely safe from transmission problems, the recall is just bull$h%t, I'm gonna burn the recall parts (when they arrive) because there is no issue at all. I know people on this forum have said they believe there is a transmission fault but I don't know those dudes so I don't believe there is an ounce of truth in anything they say. The information posted on the web by Yamaha is just propoganda posted by Harley to try and reduce Yamaha cruiser sales. The whole argument is about oil. There was no war, I didn't see it, I wasn't there. There is no God, just clouds.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Oly , You seem angry ..I believe there is a recall ,I believe there is a possable danger in riding the bike . I would like to be aware of how many riders ,If Any , have experienced a problem. That is why I read this thread . I am glad you live in a place where everything you read is gosple but in the world I frequent you can't . Sooo I tend to listen to first hand accounts from people with a good track record over some person with few posts talkin about a friend of a friends brother knows a dude who's girlfriends brother had a trans. problem ...As for those other issues ..well ..There IS always therapy[8D]

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PURSUVANT

quote:Originally posted by stiletto
it will take more than some one I've never met logging onto a website and posting that oxygen will make you sterile for me to consider giving up breathing.
I thought it was marriage that makes a man sterile. Oh no, wait a minute, that's just how you get folks to stop having sex. Never mind...

Marriage is just a means of having the 'SAME' sex...

... and nope, no tranny lockup (yet) either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OLY, Thanks for the undo sarcasm. You assume I believe that there is no problem with these bikes. I am trying to get a feel for how many times it has happened enabling me to make a better decision as to whether I should ride. I want to know the odds smart ass.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

Monstrddg. I ride everything balls to the wall especially the warrior including wheelies 1-3 gear. The first time the tranny went on the busa it had 300 miles and 1,3,4,5, and 6 blew.

Stilleto, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I think it's just a nasty rumor started by OE, PR, and Yamaha speedstar, so that we would all hop up our bikes and buy their kits. Seems to be working great. Side note, this was an attempt at humor not a belief that I hold, whether it has any truth to it or not.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sorry guys, I was having a bad day and was just trying to say that I don't believe in discounting peoples opinions just because I don't know them. I don't live in a place where everything is gospel, but I do like to keep my scepticism to myself sometimes - like you all say, wait for the facts. I was concerned that if Tomasa (the guy who raised the possible failure) read this thread he would be upset that we didn't believe him and I like to think that we all welcome new comers.

As far as the facts go, to my knowledge (not much) there are no confirmed failures at present.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sorry guys, I was having a bad day and was just trying to say that I don't believe in discounting peoples opinions just because I don't know them. I don't live in a place where everything is gospel, but I do like to keep my scepticism to myself sometimes - like you all say, wait for the facts. I was concerned that if Tomasa (the guy who raised the possible failure) read this thread he would be upset that we didn't believe him and I like to think that we all welcome new comers.

As far as the facts go, to my knowledge (not much) there are no confirmed failures at present.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey warriorguy56 from cincinnati..............i haven't heard of a failure either. definitely cya. i love the way the yamaha customer service number is always busy!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just an update for you guys, if you take a look at threadhttp://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13238 you will see that we have now upset the man in question:

quote:
Tomasa
Go-Ped

Posted - 03/04/2004 : 11:38:22 PM
I post a message to try to inform the members of this site to infomation on a subject that has hit home hard to a lot of people. This was done to inform the members, not to tell a tall tale. If I did not believe that the information that I posted is true then I would not have posted it. Some of the replys to this thread have made me wonder if it was worth posting or if keeping the infomation to myself would have been better. I realize that people on this site do not know me, but I resent having my character attacked for the only reasion I can figure is to up a post count. I may or may not post any new information I receive on this subject.
Tom

1 - 20 of 39 Posts