RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy who I work with that owns a softtail CVO 1800cc. He brags about how fast it can go. I wonder how would the Warrior match up against it. Has anyone here raced this model and if so, what was the outcome? We are talking about taking a road trip down the Gulf Coast and I know he's going to have plenty of chances to show what his bike can do. I like to be prepare when the time comes. I'll appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont know anything about the CVO but i did test drive a vrod at this past Bike week in Laconia, and let me tell you it was FAST, it revved out like a crotch rocket and had the power to back it up. Made the warrior feel like a moped

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
When I test-rode a V-Rod it was fast straight but handled like a rubber band in the twisties and didn't want to come-up with any grunt down low. I bought the Warrior because in real-world day-to-day riding, even stoplight-to-stoplight, its far more fun and has the owner where its useful every day. Plus in the twisties its the most capable cruiser I've ever ridden. The v-rod really had zero smile-factor where the Warrior has every ounce ever put into metal and rubber. All I'm saying is that a bike is a very personal thing and everyone is going to walk a different path. For me anyway, V-rods are great machines but Warriors and living Beasts. I don't know anyone who bought a V-rod new who still has it. I'm sure there's plenty around but for me I don't know any.

As for the OP's question, the Softie CVO will smoke a Warrior straight and usually in the corners depending on who is the craziest in the twisties. Probably even an unskilled CVO rider will outperform in most cases. But for the money I'd rather buy three Warriors and set each up differently. Or buy two more bikes to replace two already sold and have a few options in the stable again!

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
2015 isn't it? Yep its heavy but its 9.2 compression and the gears are close so have to shift often to keep the pull. But its gonna get there before a stock Warrior. Dunno with a 102ci stocker with Ivans it might be close. Seems a sure thing a 108ci 110ci will kill the CVO.

·
Registered
221 Posts
A friend of mine has a 07 cvo with the 110 it's close to the warrior but I get him usually it may be him tho the warrior is a lot lighter

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think i would do pretty good even with the 280 rear tire.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, mine it's not stock, HC Pistons, Yammi Cam, Velo Stack, PCV, Power Pipe, Ivan's Flash, Executioners. BTW, after the flash, a whole lot stronger. I'm taking my chances...:D

I just wanted to hear from anyone's experiences. Keep'em coming..:)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, mine it's not stock, HC Pistons, Yammi Cam, Velo Stack, PCV, Power Pipe, Ivan's Flash, Executioners. BTW, after the flash, a whole lot stronger. I'm taking my chances...:D

I think you can hold your own with all of those goodies.:)

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
A stock CVO 110 is good for 82hp/102tq give or take a couple. Ivan posted dyno sheets showing his tune is good for 88hp/110tq with a BAK and Pro Pipe. Add in your HC Pistons, cam and the 100 lbs lighter bike and you should have him easily.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think it would be a pretty rare rider that could outhandle a Warrior on a soft tail. My Warrior will take the stock CVO 110, no problem.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My brother in law has a 2008 custom Fat Boy with the screaming eagle 110 engine that he bought new and I could take the measure of him anytime, anywhere. I have never gone up against a newer CVO. What you need to watch for are the crazy guys riding baggers with built 122 ci engines. I've seen some of those guys flying. I'm still keeping my Warrior, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts

You will crush him. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts