RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I got a small dent on my gas tank and it is really bothering me. I want to find out if anyone has had paintless dent repair done on their gas tank. I checked the parts catalog and it seems there is nothing inside the tank that would cause any problems from having this done. Can someone shine the light on this situation....can it be done, where, and what is a good price?? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
call a local dent wizard..if you dont have them in TX,find someone that knows someone that works in a car dealership and get a number for a PDR guy. I see them all the time, if I run into one tomorrow, I'll ask his advice..I agree that it is probably too thick, and the PDR guy may be apprehensive about jamming his rod into a gas tank..but it cant hurt to ask...good luck..

·
Registered
963 Posts
The problem they will have is getting to the inside where the dent is. especially with the guard inside the tank and the limited amount of space they have to work. I doubt it will be possible. It looks like you need a little bondo and a custom paint job.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hi all,

I have the same issue on my tank and rear fender. I work at a dealership and talked with our PDR guy. He says it is best to fill and paint. Apparently the metal is much thicker than auto panels. He said it is basically impossible to get it smooth again even if he could get to it. Even the fender which would be easy to access he said you would still have to fill and paint just not as much. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts