RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a week ago, I changed the oil on the warrior, added Isopropyl, took the battery out, and put in a little Stabil for the winter. Needless to say, I was alittle short on the Stabil. So today I bought another bottle of stabil and was going to add alittle more and I can't get my key to go all of the way into the gas cap.(yes-it is for sure the correct key) Is it possible that the battery would have to be in the bike to open the gas cap? Sounds crazy to me, but what else could it be? If the lock is broke, are they easy to replace? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
David,

Tha battery has nothing to do with the the gascap lock. You could have one of several things going on.

Ice in the lock mechanism
Dirt in the lock mechanism
Broken mechanism

I'd go to an auto parts store and get some lock de-icer. It also has lubricant in it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really didn't suspect that the battery and cap where related, but just thought that maybe it was a safety/or theft feature. Thanks pep, I am heading outside to hit it with a blow dryer!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took care of it, thought for sure I would be replacing my cap, but it was just a little rock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts