RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah I test rode one when I sold my '04 Warrior a few months back. Nice bike and a really smooth powerful engine. I was a little disappointed that I didn't like the bike nearly as much in person as I had hoped. It just didn't "fit" me but it's a nice bike regardless. Most Triumph dealerships offer test rides, so find one, and check the bike out for yourself.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
a good friend of mine has a black one with the titanium Arrow exhaust option. It is a very sexy bike and fits her well. Alas, It's just not my style. The front double headlights seem awkward to me and the bike itself seems a little too short. I love how the mid-section and the engine is displayed in black with all those bolts though. You can tell that instead of just stripping plastic, Triumph designed the S3 with it being naked in mind...

The price is fairly resaonable as well. Good power specs. Not a bad bike...

·
Registered
394 Posts
two words: bad @$$. One of the funnest bikes I have ever ridden and when you roll on the throttle that 3 cylinder symphony is ohhhh so sweet. I would say that it takes a certain kind of person to appreciate the looks but I for one absolutely love it and may add one to the garage sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's what i'm thinking! I'm gonna try to get to a dealership and get on one soon. I've gotta come up with some money, but i'm looking to add a new bike within a year or so. by the way, where in tennessee are you located?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have an 08. it's a very fun bike ( it just MAKES you wanna do wheelies) . a very different ride than the warrior ( much more " sportier " )

power and torque are strong but not scary. it's a tad tall for me ( 30 " inseam) , i cannot flat foot it at stops. once moving, this is not an issue. the dual head lights seem to grow on you . distinctive engine sound - if a v-twin is a "1" and i-4 is a "10", the triple is about a "6"-"7". sounds good imo. handling is very good -had it down pretty low expecting to hear scraping - but nothing. it is a quick bike w/lots of torque in the mid range ( red line is 10k). the bike feels short and tall compared to the warrior ( to me any way ). if you are very tall, it may feel a little cramped. to sum it up , the speed triple ( to me ) does everything very well, but nothing great - "a jack of all trades, master of none ". a really fun bike for the real world ( how often and how long do you ride 150 mph anyway)

it DOES make you do wheelies EVERYTIME you take her out !
i bought this bike because it is different than most, you won't be dissapointed !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from what i've read and heard about them, they're supposed to be pretty fun to ride. can they keep up with the 600cc and 1000cc sport bikes...like the cbr600rr or R1?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I love them and have been trying to get a used one with in a reasonable distance from me, but no luck so far. I don't think they would come near to keeping up with an R1, but I'm sure they would hold their own with most 600s

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
http://www.triumphrat.net/

you can find out any-TING you want GI, and they have a classified section too. I've had an 06 sprintABS since april, they share the same motor. the S3 is set up for a little more top end. I've put 13,000 miles on it since april without an issue. And rode from knoxville to indy and back during hurricane Ike
You will love the triple motor. as said it is not an inline 4, nor a twin. but it is a good combo between the 2. I have a dealer here in knoxville, who is an AZZ. but so far so good with not having to deal with him. Parts are quite a bit higher, but you will also find on that site, alternate part #s for things like filters and such. The thing I like best about the triumph is two fold; only one other sprint here in knoxville ( at least 7 warriors now), and you can tell "the harley asshats" (not all harley guys aV8tr [:'(] ) you are riding harley's older brother's motorcycle. seeing that triumph was made before harleys, they just choose to evolve LOL.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yes, I rode a new '07 Speed Triple. Phenomenal machine. One of the "best bang for the buck" bikes out there. It was between a Triple and the (now discontinued)
Monster S4RS. The Monster was a better fit/ride for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts