RS Warrior Forum banner

Hate for the Warrior?

5K views 53 replies 42 participants last post by  02rswarrior 
#1 ·
I have liked the Warrior's look for at least 3 years now, but Have heard tons of negatives. Stalling issues, carb issues.. tranny issues... Is this a specific year thing or a warrior wide thing. Looking to possibly buy one, but I can't imagine a manufacturer would continue to sell a bike that is as bad as the hate I have read and heard. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Don't know what bike you are reading about, but is sure doesn't sound like a Warrior. Warrior's do not have Carbs. Stalling or tranny issues? Sure you arn't reading about the M109R?

What hate are you talking about? haven't met a warrior member who doesn't love their bike.

#3 ·
fake said:
Don't know what bike you are reading about, but is sure doesn't sound like a Warrior. Warrior's do not have Carbs. Stalling or tranny issues? Sure you arn't reading about the M109R?

What hate are you talking about? haven't met a warrior member who doesn't love their bike.

+1 - This bike is alot of fun. No probs here!

#6 ·
You ought to know that Harley guys aren't going to tell you the truth about a bike that costs less, is more dependable and faster than theirs.

There was a recall on the tranny on the couple years and recalls on couple other items, but that's it. Things like that make me feel more confident about the manufacturer. No bike is perfect so if there are no recalls on one I'd be suspicious. As far as having problems like you mentioned that's the farthest thing from the truth. If that were true I wouldn't have one.

#9 ·
Wow, those are the first negative remarks I've ever seen/heard about the Warrior... anywhere... from anyone.

There are a couple recalls for models from a few years back, but nothing for recent years.

Almost everything I've ever heard (and experienced myself), is that the Warrior engine/transmission/brakes/suspension/etcare extremely strong and reliable. Now,any machineis susceptible to a problem here and there. But, from what I know, the Warrior is a very well built machine when stacked against the competition.

Warrior is fuel injected.

What are the sources of all the hate?

#12 ·
"Harley guy" here and even though I love my Harleys I loved both of my Warriors just as much. I don't think you will find many Harley guys that don't give respect to the Warrior, especially those of us on the forum that have owned 1, or more than 1 in some cases. The Warrior is an outstanding machine.

#20 ·
madav8tr said:
"Harley guy" here and even though I love my Harleys I loved both of my Warriors just as much. I don't think you will find many Harley guys that don't give respect to the Warrior, especially those of us on the forum that have owned 1, or more than 1 in some cases. The Warrior is an outstanding machine.
You are mistaken! You're not a Harley. You're a Warrior guy who is currently riding a Harley!

#26 ·
My carbs have never worked either !!And don't get me started on all of the Transmission issues.. Before the previous ownereven knew there was a problem a notice camein the mail andhe haditfixed by a local dealer..without a PENNY paid! I believe there have been 1 or 2 more recalls since I picked it up (could be wrong, not gonna dig up the paperwork).. but thelocal dealer fixed it for me.. without a PENNY paid out of my pocket. What kind of company is this anyway? And..... Furthermore.... the thing wouldn't start for me once (maybe twice)after I gotREALLY drunk in the garage and ran ittoget the girlfriend going.. and left the dang key on.. anyway.. the next day it wouldn't even start! Did I mention that it's a 2002.. ALL THESE PROBLEMS from a first year build..what the flip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.