RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to be a party pooper but I hate the new site.
I used to be a daily visitor to rswarrior.com but I think the new site is hard to navigate, find information, contact forum members, etc. I find I rarely ever visit the site anymore. I still love my Warrior and she is looking better than ever thanks in large part to many on this site, or I should say the old site. I would like to contact Akitadog but I cannot even figure out how to find forum members and send a PM. Maybe I'm the idiot, but it just seems way too difficult. In additon, the fact that you click a topic on the home page and it takes you to the last post instead of the first is ridiculous. Most of the time the post it takes you to has little to do with the original topic posted. That's my vent for now....sorry Carknee.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Although I do still prefer the old way I've gotten used to the new one. Just give it time and get your hands dirty working with it, you'll get used to it too.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Well a lot of your complaints have been addressed and or fixed over the last several months. Look at some of the topics in Site Help and Site News and Comments to get your answers.

Here's a few for free. Go to "edit profile" click on "site options" and change the first drop down menu (the one for "sort posts") to Ascending. Now when you click on a topic it will show the first post first.

I found AkitaDog by going to the Forum page and clicking on view all users in the upper right and I typed his name in the search field. A link to his profile and a special button to PM him came up as a result to my search.

Keep poking around and click on things, you can't hurt it and can only get more familiar with the system. If all else fails and you can't figure it out, just ask instead of complain.

BTW, I'm just a dumb biker, without a computer degree, who loads trucks for a living and I figured it out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This topic has been covered and I think most everyone agrees. That being said, once again, time has not made this site any more friendly. Easily the most informative forum that I have ever spent hours trying to figure out. Now I get twice as mad when somebody innocently asks a question and gets butchered with the usual "Do a search you moron !!!" Look at this way, we Warrior fanatics will also be the most computer literate before long.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I hate how it takes you to the last post also! A web site is supposed to be easy ... make it hard and people will stop using it. I know that's hard for some people to handle but thats the nature of the net. Fix that problem and I think you will make many people happy.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The new site is good. I visited rswarrior.com for the first time last Fall shortly before I bought my Warrior. I remember thinking that the site's look and functionality was out-dated. I didn't care --it wassimply my first impressionwhen my google search took me to rswarrior.com for the first time. The content was terrific.

The new site is an improvement. Fresh look and feel -- functions like most discussion boards out there. It has a fair amount of custom options that users can select to make the site work the way each person desires.

Either way, it's still the same terrific content, with a bunch of people interested in helping others.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
papawheelie said:
The new site is good. I visited rswarrior.com for the first time last Fall shortly before I bought my Warrior. I remember thinking that the site's look and functionality was out-dated. I didn't care --it wassimply my first impressionwhen my google search took me to rswarrior.com for the first time. The content was terrific.

The new site is an improvement. Fresh look and feel -- functions like most discussion boards out there. It has a fair amount of custom options that users can select to make the site work the way each person desires.

Either way, it's still the same terrific content, with a bunch of people interested in helping others.

+1

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
tvshooter said:
I hate how it takes you to the last post also! A web site is supposed to be easy ... make it hard and people will stop using it. I know that's hard for some people to handle but thats the nature of the net. Fix that problem and I think you will make many people happy.

Ahhhh!!
Please read my last post to find out how to easily change this. There is no problem it's a simple profile setting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sangathor said:
tvshooter said:

Ahhhh!! 
  Please read my last post to find out how to easily change this.  There is no problem it's a simple profile setting. 
Ahhhh!! Thats the way mine is set and thats the way it has been since the switch, still takes me to the last post. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
papawheelie said:

Very well said papawheelie. That's my favourite quote and it's the reason why I'll never leave this site, no matter how difficult things are.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I love the new site.. I learn something new everyday. Carknee has listened to our needs and changed alot in the last month.. Its F_ing free people.. The Moderaters Kick A$$, The Members Drink Yager, Vodka, Tequila, Crown Royal, JD, Jim Beam,Moon shine from Florida??? Best I ever had But from Florida???They drink it with me around a fire in a far away state for days on end..Sure a few puked, passed out,and might have thought dodges were cool but they all came from here..

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!Just take a couple days to learn it and you will find it offers much more and has alot more potential..

Did I mention it took me a year to post a Pictureon the last site and on this one I did it before JP...lol...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This wasn't a slam against anyone on the site....it is full of great content (most of which was gathered on the old site I might add). However, it not very user friendly. For example...how can you quickly from the homepage check your private messages? or quickly search for a forum member you would like to contact (without having to navigate subpages)? The site design forces you to dig for info, look for options, etc. This simply means it is not very easy to use and becomes a frustration and thus breeds the hate I referred to in my first post. If anyone takes my comments personally then that is their problem. I believe one of the good things about these forums is the sometimes blatant honesty members deliver to each other. Hating the site design is my personal response to the frustration learning to navigate it. I think it could have been done better and in fact I think the postive effects of the new design are outsweighed by the negative. I used to visit the site daily but now am lucky of I check the site once every two weeks or so. BTW, thanks to Sangathor for the heads up on the options setting, I did change that setting and am much happier. It does work for me.

Be safe riding out there....thanks for the forum to air my opinion. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
This would explain why my PM's have been ringing of the hook!!!

Sangathor said:
I found AkitaDog by going to the Forum page and clicking on view all users in the upper right and I typed his name in the search field. A link to his profile and a special button to PM him came up as a result to my search.

BTW, I'm just a dumb biker, without a computer degree, who loads trucks for a living and I figured it out.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
MJ said:
For example...how can you quickly from the homepage check your private messages?

Upper right hand corner over every page on this site you will see the words inbox. Click it and you're there.

MJ said:
or quickly search for a forum member you would like to contact (without having to navigate subpages)?
It's on the main forum page a link to View all users. You can always book mark the link if it makes it easier to find.

MJ said:
BTW, thanks to Sangathor for the heads up on the options setting, I did change that setting and am much happier. It does work for me.

Your welcome, it should work for everyone.

I understand where you are coming from. It took me a few days to get the hang of the new site. But, if you only stop by once every other week or so, its going to be a very long time before you get familiar with it. If you have any more questions please ask.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
tvshooter said:
Thats the way mine is set and thats the way it has been since the switch, still takes me to the last post. Any other ideas?

Are you sure it's on Ascending and not Descending? Also, don't forget to hit Save at the bottom of the page before you close it or you new settings will not take effect.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i don't know the old site so i am used to this one and i like it. i admitt though it is kinda hard to do certain stuff but after awhile and asking a bunch of questions i think i got it figured out.

keep trying don't give , you can do it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts