RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from San Antonio. I'm new here (obviously) and I'm working on getting my first Warrior but I wanted a few opinions. I've found a practically new Warrior(02, anthracite, drag bars, 1700 mi's) for $8500. Does that seem like a good price or is it just me? Hopefully some of you who just bought a new Warrior can help me out here. Also, for those of you who are about 6'2", have you found the drag bars comfortable?
I've been watching the forum for several weeks and I've really enjoyed the discussions. Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
thebigtman

Here is my current stable:
98 Yamaha VMAX 700 Triple, (I snowmobile every winter in New York)
73 Roadrunner
72 Duster 340, 4 speed
02 Mustang GT, 5 spd, daily driver

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Nice Stable! and Welcome to the Forum! As for the price, I would say that is a decent deal. I am sure you will find better deals or worse deals it is a matter of feeling comfortable with the deal you make. I paid out the door, brand new, 0 miles in 2001 $9600.00 I thought that was a sweet deal, but I have seen some folks pick up the Warrior when it got real stagnant with the economy pick up a brand new Warrior for $8500.00 Now, that's a Real Sweet Deal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds like a ok price pard, if it has an after market exhaust or some other goodies. A new one goes for about 10k or a bit more.
As far as drag bars go, well yer just gonna have to take her for a spin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Like some others have said, deals are relative to season and your area. Last Winter some dealers could not give them away so people found great great deals...now, most dealers I hear about cant keep them on the showroom floor.

From my surfing about on cycletrader.com/Ebay.com the average going rate for a clean used bike is a little over 9k or more from private parties. Dealers list them a little lower on the 9k scale, but will try and fish the tax/tag cost out of you, or a delivery cost if they ship it. Anything under 9k sounds like a sweet deal today, to me. And anything under 10k miles is really a new bike in my eyes if it's been taken care of.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Nice horsies in that stable. As for the Warrior, I'm not sure you'll be able to beat that price anywhere in the country, at least not out west. It'll go well between that Duster and the 'Stang...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a good deal to me. Once you own it you'll think you robbed them because you will be so happy with this bike. BTW the color is Titanium. Your on the forum, now go get the bike.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
thats a nice price... now.

when i bought mine, i paid $12,000... i got a helluva trade-in on my 2002 GSXR750 and HAD TO HAVE the Warrior. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] i havent looked back since... i love this thing!

however, to put it into perspective, i went to Bike Week in Myrtle about 2 weeks after i got the Warrior and found about 4 2002 leftovers on the floor of a SC dealer... all for $9000. [B)] did i overpay? up here in Philly, no. down in SC i would have. had i known about them when i bought mine would i have looked into them? probably not because the Onyx/Indigo looks sweet and is faster then the others. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

if youre happy with what you paid and you enjoy the bike, phuck it- you only live once and we cant take our money with us!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
bigtman, i'm in san antonio, got 00mustang gt also, maybe we can get together for a ride with wirenut. he lives in poteet(assuming you buy the bike)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts