RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i broke my tib after bike crash 2 months ago ,it was a small break nothing nasty and the leg feels fine now but im struggling to walk im getting unbelievable pains in my heel when i try to walk and also if i cough or sneeze i get stabbing pain in foot feels worse than when i broke it , cant ride bike for fear of dropping it at the lights and its been the best start of summer we have had in a long time really pissed off , any thoughts any body else had same issues after a break ,

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
You've probably got some nerve damage. I had similar problems years ago when I broke my femur. Although I was up and walking relatively soon, it took a long time to get normal feeling back in the leg, and I often had stray pains. It didn't help that I came off another bike 8months later. It was a good job i still had a pin in my leg, else I would have busted it again. I just ended up with a bent pin.
Might be worth seeking some medical advise if the problem persists.
You still have time to get some riding in.
My wife has just had a ruptured achilles tendon repaired, 3 months atleast off the bike for her, maybe longer. she's not happy. I've told her I'll take her bike out and keep it warm for her.
Good luck with your recovery, hope you get things sorted.

Nick

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a maisonneuve fracture in my right ankle/leg in Decomber '09 and im still having problems, i had an MRI scan a few months back and they have told me that i have got a torn and a damaged ligament, also that now i have a slack ligament that makes my ankle "give way" so im waiting for another op to tighten everything up...:rolleyes: its 100% better than it was 18 months ago so it might just need some time to settle down.... good luck mate

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Broke the tibia in 1969 and then again 1980 (broke all 3 that time, tibia, femur and fibula). Lots of fun.....

I would agree on the nerve thing, still have feelings like that. In 1980, we went 1 1/2 years trying to heal the tibia, then rebroke it and started over.....fun road...lol

Still have weird nerve issues, will forever but the leg works.....

I would get it looked at, best to be sure.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Foot/leg injuries take forever to heal. Just because the bone has fused itself back together does not mean your good to go. If you reside in a area that has a cold winter expect some discomfort.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Foot/leg injuries take forever to heal. Just because the bone has fused itself back together does not mean your good to go. If you reside in a area that has a cold winter expect some discomfort.

Not looking good then, he's in Scotland, even in the summer it's cold.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not looking good then, he's in Scotland, even in the summer it's cold.
lol IM DOOMED ! thanks for advice , had the frozen bag o peas on today and took three steps without the crutches , felt like id won the 100m race at the olympics :) gonna start a new craze walking about with a bag o peas strapped to my foot :eek:

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
What helped during the 3 or 4 foot/leg injuries was to stay out of leather shoes & boots. A good pair of sneakers & some Dr Sholls inserts in them will cushion the shock the leg gets with each step.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Thought about orthotics to help align the foot, until you heal? Do you trust the Ortho doctor taking care of you? Maybe a fracture was missed, it happens! Drive your own health care! Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts