RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the normal maintenance of my warrior (2002, 8600 miles) and because i also just bought it, im doing all the checks and freshen it up... new spark plugs, oil filter, oil, air filter...

take a look what an stock air filter with 8000 miles looks like (both look the same condition):

the picture doesnt make justice... its worst!!!!

according to our service manual, it has to be inspected and/or replace every 4000 miles...

im thinking in get me a new K&N YA-1602 to replace it (the two filters come in the package....) price is around $90!!!! wow... still checking on better prices...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah they can get pretty filthy...they come pre-oiled so they will attract dirt....I wish I had a picture of the filter I pulled out of my ZX6R. With a front ram-air setup on most supersports, the filter gets hit directly. I had wasps, mosquitos, butterflies, ect stock to it.....it looked like a freakish insect experiment....

I suggest looking into a BAK...do some searching, and you'll find the perfect solution.

·
Registered
166 Posts
im thinking in get me a new K&N YA-1602 to replace it (the two filters come in the package....) price is around $90!!!! wow... still checking on better prices

i have in a package slightly use sell for $50 plus shipping...

·
Registered
166 Posts
picaflor said:
As part of the normal maintenance of my warrior (2002, 8600 miles) and because i also just bought it, im doing all the checks and freshen it up... new spark plugs, oil filter, oil, air filter...

take a look what an stock air filter with 8000 miles looks like (both look the same condition):

the picture doesnt make justice... its worst!!!!

according to our service manual, it has to be inspected and/or replace every 4000 miles...

im thinking in get me a new K&N YA-1602 to replace it (the two filters come in the package....) price is around $90!!!! wow... still checking on better prices...

i have both filters k&n slightly use for $50 plus shipping...excellent condition

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FLorida.

you can send it usps priority... should be $7.95 or somewhere like that.

send me a pm with your email address for payment... paypal.

thank you

·
Registered
166 Posts
picaflor said:
FLorida.

you can send it usps priority... should be $7.95 or somewhere like that.

send me a pm with your email address for payment... paypal.

thank you

check email...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts