RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about having possibly the wheels and the rear belt pulley done. I know nothing about chrome plating so are these item possible to have plated and any ballpark figures on cost. I want to call tommorrow and check but would like to be somewhat more educated on it before I talk to them and check price.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
342 Posts
You might want to check with Bismark. I thinks he has some hookups for the wheels that will keep you from having a long downtime.

T

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
You can also check out the Vendor Rating Section. I used Classic Components out of California. They did me good chrome wise, but customer service and turnaround lacked. They quoted me 2-3 weeks which turned into 8 weeks. All in All finished product is what matters and I was very happy with the chrome.

www.classiccomponents.com

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I used Classic components for my first chromed parts. Good final quality. Of that order some parts are remaining still, a Pulley and rotors. Well that was back in january. Now I am in April and if you look at my bike in the gallery, the rotors are not chrome !!! that is because I Am still getting the run around from Classic. The pulley is another story, I still do not have back it !! after three go arounds it is back in the chroming circle again, they can't get it right, so today, I called and told them I want it back !! no matter what shape it is in.

A good chrome job which is a 21 step 5-7 layer Copper plus nickle plus chromium, will cost you about $50 to $500 per set. If its 5 layer, it will be around $50, if It is 7 layers, it will be around $500. Hope this helps.

No matter what they tell you, just know that you will be down for a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 7 weeks. This includes one week in shipping in each direction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I sent my rims and pulley to santa ana plating. 3 weeks for rims and 3-5 weeks for other parts. thats not counting shipping. All pieces arrived back on time and look great. I was pleased and others have commented on the quality of the work. The price was right and they were a pleasure to deal with by e-mail and on the phone.

santaanaplating .com

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Warrior, How much did they charge you and how long did it take total? And how many layers do they plate? Please share the info....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I shipped from the east coast, 1 week shipping.they said 3 weeks for the rims and they were right on time.a week to ship back to me. they said 3-5 weeks on the pulley and in 4 weeks it was being shipped back to me,I paid a little extra to have it shipped in 3 days. You pay shipping. 200.00 a rim and 75.00 for the pulley
2 layers of nickel, 2layers of alkaline copper, 1 layer acid copper, 1 of chrome and rinsing and chrome polishing.
I am happy with the product, now I have to put it all back together and put it on the bike . its almost warm enoughf to ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the info. I think I will check out Santa Ana Plating. Pretty impressed with there web site. Lot of info also.

Thanks agian,
Scott

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I also had the hub and cover on the brake disc chromed.I took them to a small local shop. only needed a small band done on the hub.This weekend the bike will be back together and I will figure how to post pictures!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts