RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get started, YES saddle bags are not for everyone, esp on a Warrior. But these will serve my needs on a 2,200 mile road trip this summer down the "Great River Road" and i think i've reached the age of practicality is nice at times.

Got my "New" bags installed on my warrior. I took a set of HD Electra glide hard bags & HD Softtail mounting brackets. Modified them to fit the warrior. All in i have less than $200.00 total including the saddlebags.

I took the mounting brackets cut and rewelded them to tuck the bags as close as possible to the bike & made a cross brace between them. I think all in all I am very happy with the results.

I also test fit my new Quarter fairing on the bike ,just need to make mounting brackets & Tint the shield.

"Anything is bolt on if you have a welder and enough determination"

UIFAE9765.JPG GKDUE2623.JPG HVEBE9416.JPG IMG_E2310.JPG IMG_2558.JPG
IMG_2559.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
I like the mini fairing which reminds me of the "bullet cowl" on the Raider.

I am in the process of trying to figure out hard bags and a new rear fender for the Raider as well.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the mini fairing which reminds me of the "bullet cowl" on the Raider.

I am in the process of trying to figure out hard bags and a new rear fender for the Raider as well.
Thanks Hefty.

The fairing is a "quarter fairing" for a HD Dyna. Very similar to the bullet fairing.

Good luck in your search for your raider bags/fender

·
Registered
695 Posts
How’s that block the wind? Looks pretty good. Minimal but adds a nice look. I’m wanting to find some quick detach bags for my warrior. Plan on doing a lot of road trips this summer but don’t want to wear a back pack every time. Either way looks pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How’s that block the wind? Looks pretty good. Minimal but adds a nice look. I’m wanting to find some quick detach bags for my warrior. Plan on doing a lot of road trips this summer but don’t want to wear a back pack every time. Either way looks pretty cool!

The picture outside is a sportster fly screen I adapted to the warrior. That was nice it got the wind off my chest and helped allot. The new shield I haven’t ridden with yet to tell. But it’s quite a big bigger..

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Hey bro go to see u come around..
Good job getting the bags to fit..
Here's a couple of pics of my Midnight with bags

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey bro go to see u come around..
Good job getting the bags to fit..
Here's a couple of pics of my Midnight with bags

Nicely done on the bags. Those are some big bags. Did you go with Quick disconnect brackets?
Any braces on the bottom or just bolted at the top?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I bought the whole setup from a member
Yes they have quick Disconnect brackets
And the have some sleet Metal for support

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good score! Much easier than my approach. But I never tend to smash the easy button..

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All these bikes looks pretty good with saddlebags. Now I need to find a set...

Keep an eye out for a set of used bags or take offs if you're patient.

To be honest it surprised me how good it looks in person. I think a small fairing or fly screen helps even out the saddle bags.

I am picky with how I mounted them to make them look factory "ish" pulling them in as close as I can to the fenders, in relationship to the fender and making them so they don't "flop" or move at all.

These are rubber mounted and have a 3/4" dia pipe supporting the weight under along with two bolt to the fender stays and a cross bar between the to brace them.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I basically did the same thing you did to my friends 04 Warrior. HD hard bags and the same mounts you used. Turned out great and the bags are solid, no flopping around.
0902191528.jpg
0902191528a.jpg

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I basically did the same thing you did to my friends 04 Warrior. HD hard bags and the same mounts you used. Turned out great and the bags are solid, no flopping around.
That's awesome to know! Post a pic up if you have it Gilly!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts