RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent a couple weeks in Tucson Az and the need to ride over came me so broke down and rented a bike. Only thing I could find to rent are HD's "vrod was not an option there" so went with the street glide. It has the 96ci with a 6 speed. First thing it was way to small for me. I was not confortable at all. I am 6'3". First time had a radio on a bike so I played with it but reception was not very good. The handling was better than I expected it to be. It seemed to like leaning fairly deep in the corners. The engine started good but was much nosier than the yamaha vtwin and while it did get up and go the torque was not there like I am used to. I saw no need for the 6 speed. I am sure you can get slightly better mpg but had no pull when in 6th so I never used it. It has throttle by wire that caused me to take it back to the shop the second day and it would not idle any longer. That is when I showed how to reset the throttle system and told you need to do that from time to time. Loved the hard saddle bags. Neutral on the rest of the bike. Would rate it a 4 out of ten. Guess you can say I was let down a bit being the first big harley I had ever ridden. Made me very I have my warrior.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
What's this "throttle by wire"? Does the throttle body have a servo on it that is controlled by a rheostat on the grip end?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Rhatphlegm said:
What's this "throttle by wire"? Does the throttle body have a servo on it that is controlled by a rheostat on the grip end?
yep no cables,it's all electronic which sounds kinda neat but then you have those resetting issues and that would drive me crazy, my brother sold his warrior to buy a street glide
i have ridden it and i'm not to crazy about the bike, certainly would'nt have sold my warrior for one, i treid to tell him but some folks you just cant reach

·
Registered
146 Posts
The throttle by wire issue with the HD's is mostly related to it sensing the throttle position when the ignition is turned off... On my ultra i have allowed in to return to normal idle before killing the switch and it has not needed to "reset" since. Engineered quirk I guess.... but I never expected it to be as user friendly as the Warrior !!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts