RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rented a Yamaha Venture transcontinental for trip up to Montreal and Quebec July 4th through 8th.
I love the warrior and have done many long rides with it solo but the girlfriend will be on this one in as much as she likes the warrior there just isn't room on it for the two of us and luggage for 5 days. I was looking to rent a Road Glide with Tour pack but there were none around from EagleRider and to my surprise I was able to rent the venture which I'm very excited about.
Any forum members around and want to connect I'll be in Montreal July 4th and 5th for jazz fest, Quebec City 6th and Sherbrooke area on the 7th with a stop at auberge st fortunat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont really know what time. Early afternoon I think.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 7th I'll be riding quebec city to Sherbrooke via st fortunat.
Riding Montreal to Quebec city 9n the 6th.
Havent chose route, but will look and email you. Open to suggestions too.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great!
Picked up the bike today. Its big and heavy! Surprisingly easy to handle, it is a big top heavy with girlfriend on back though. More so that warrior.
Rides pretty well, a little sluggish, but to be expected for such a heavy bike. And yamaha's fly by wire system and ecu still has the choppy throttle cut in and out like warrior before Ivan's flash. The slipper clutch makes it more tolerable though.
Cruise control is a nice feature.
The bike runs HOT. Hotter than the warrior I think. The adjustable side vents do an amazing job sending air to my torso or sending it away as needed. The lower fairing vents send air to the shins, but even then the back of my calfs got a little hot, with the vents closed I thought I was on fire.
Of course it was 90 today.
The biggest upside is the amount of space in the luggage. Its huge. My week weekender duffle fits in the trunk with room to spare for a half helmet and a jacket. The saddle bags are cavernous too.
Coming from the warrior which has room for my insurance card and little else this is like traveling first class.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking like 1230-1pm at st fortunat. I'll send you a pm my contact

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made it to St Fortunat pub, but didn't connect with warrior brothers.
The pub was quite busy with bikes!
Anyone considering a motorcycle trip i cant say enough good things about the eastern townships of quebec. The riding is great, the scenery wondeful and the people very friendly. The cities of Montreal and Quebec are both close by and alot of fun.
Rose almost 1000miles in 5 days.
Didnt get too many pics of the bike. But here are a few.
The luggage is huge. Bike handles quite well despite its heft. Fully loaded we were approaching 1400lbs and while I could feel the weight especially at slow speeds it handles the twisties great.
But tight parking lot turns are best done feet on the ground or with the passenger off.
The bike has "surepark" electric assist and it came in handy a time or two especially reverse. The bike is so heavy you really cant walk it backwards uphill at all.
While it is no speed demon, it's not lacking for torque and I never once stalled it. The engine is very smooth with almost no vibration and the exhaust has a nice deep tone to it.
Cruise control! Nuff said.
The power windshield is nice for blocking the wind and the side shields adjust to.either block the wind or direct it nicely to your chest. Small vents in the lower fairings keep air on your feet, but even with them the bike rides HOT. Granted it was 80-90 degrees, but a few times riding in shorts my calfs were quite hot. even at highway speeds the heat comes off the front pipe and swirls around you lower right leg. Pants made it a little better.
Returning the bike the last day and riding solo I was really throwing it around and find it really well balanced and even peppy.

I like the bike as a grand tourer, but I'd really want the option to remove the trunk as I dont really like the way it looks, And only need the added space for two person trips. I could fit plenty for myself in the saddlebags alone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the post and the pics. Did you rent from eaglerider? I have rented from them several times in the past but never saw a Venture at the CA or CO locations.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did rent it through Eagle Rider. I was pretty surprised they had one. I was looking for a Road Glide Ultra but there were none in my area and they suggested this to my surprise. It's from a regional dealership that does Yamaha Indian and a couple other brands but not Harley. In addition to their dealership they have an eagle Rider franchise. Next time I think I'll just go straight to them. They also had a couple Road Glide Ultras but they were more than two years old and EagleRider won't advertise bikes that old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts