RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, got my killer Warrior going...(the longer I own this bike the more I love it!)... Headlight pooped out. I know it's an H4. I go on ebay and their is quite a few direct replacement LED bulbs at like really good prices. Are these okay to use? Please advise!

Thanks in advance!
AR

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have been using the LED lamp for 4 years, no problem, very satisfied.

I had the experience of replacing a LED lamp with a halogen one with the declared + 150% brightness - looked like had no light at all)))) Sadness / longing. Puted the LED again and happy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The newest ones are completely self contained

I had the experience of replacing a LED lamp with a halogen one with the declared + 150% brightness - looked like had no light at all)))) Sadness / longing. Puted the LED again and happy.

Hi, the newest ones appear to be completely self contained. All you do is replace it like a normal Halogen..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, I agree. But I personally checked this lamp and its result completely satisfied me. I did not experience any difficulties with its installation. In addition, the price of it can compete with the top halogen lamps. And plus, I did not want to choose, look for reviews, collect information. There is a proven solution, bought, installed, satisfied))

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I agree. But I personally checked this lamp and its result completely satisfied me. I did not experience any difficulties with its installation. In addition, the price of it can compete with the top halogen lamps. And plus, I did not want to choose, look for reviews, collect information. There is a proven solution, bought, installed, satisfied))
What ya think of this?

·
Administrator
27,859 Posts
Hey Guys, got my killer Warrior going...(the longer I own this bike the more I love it!)... Headlight pooped out. I know it's an H4. I go on ebay and their is quite a few direct replacement LED bulbs at like really good prices. Are these okay to use? Please advise!

Thanks in advance!
AR
Some are known good, but nobody can assure every brand out there, many are junk. Cyclops are known good, but you need to be certain its length fits in the bucket. Do a search here for cyclops and several should pop-up plus the threads mention other known that fit and survive.

·
Registered
857 Posts
+1 for cyclops adventure sports

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some are known good, but nobody can assure every brand out there, many are junk. Cyclops are known good, but you need to be certain its length fits in the bucket. Do a search here for cyclops and several should pop-up plus the threads mention other known that fit and survive.
Hi A warrior. I did search for Cyclops LED on this site. Their old posts man. Did you see the link I posted above? The latest LEDs are all one piece and are essentially the same size of a standard H4 incandescent/Halogen bulb. Plus their twice as bright. Check out what I posted above.

·
Administrator
27,859 Posts
Hi A warrior. I did search for Cyclops LED on this site. Their old posts man. Did you see the link I posted above? The latest LEDs are all one piece and are essentially the same size of a standard H4 incandescent/Halogen bulb. Plus their twice as bright. Check out what I posted above.
Yep. I read everything including all reviews in a couple different places. Too many buyers report early failure, no-difference between high and low beam, and some say its brighter but does not reach-out any further.

Some says its good. The % seems to indicate the bulbs are not solid, or poor quality control, or some such.

Last thing I want is to lose the only headlight bulb while on the road, plus I would possibly not know until it got dark. I would have to carry a spare.

So far, the reliable led units are not one-piece integrated, or to be fair I have not stumbled across any yet. If you find something that upgrades brightness and reach and buyers report quality and dependability, I'm a buyer!

Gotta read carefully if want to feel confident on two wheels in triples on tour.

·
Registered
62 Posts

How do you fit that headlight in with all the crap in the headlight?

·
Registered
318 Posts
No-difference between high and low beam because LED cristals grouped wrong. Proper design LED lamp has a proper difference. And yes, it brighter almoust twice. And no loses on the road. And the replacement to ordinary lamp will takes 2 minutes.

Sorry that the videos are in Russian, but they have a lot of illustrative material. And there are numbers of measurements.

About LED lamps of the correct design:
Pay attention, point 5:15 of timekeeping, the light-shadow border is visible in the picture.

Comparison of halogen lamps with declared + 100% and + 150%:
Point 6:09 of timekeeping. We are not talking about any + 150% to illumination. At the brightest points + 20%, and in total according to the light field all + 10%.

Point 6:54 of timekeeping. Increase +32-55% to...Osram Night Breaker Laser +150%!

For a couple of weeks I put a similar halogen lamp with the stated + 150%. In impression compared to LED - there is no light at all (((

How do you fit that headlight in with all the crap in the headlight?
Some magic))) Push a couple of connectors out of the headlamp housing - up into the tachometer housing and everything putes almost effortlessly. Tested for 4 years.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. I read everything including all reviews in a couple different places. Too many buyers report early failure, no-difference between high and low beam, and some say its brighter but does not reach-out any further.

Some says its good. The % seems to indicate the bulbs are not solid, or poor quality control, or some such.

Last thing I want is to lose the only headlight bulb while on the road, plus I would possibly not know until it got dark. I would have to carry a spare.

So far, the reliable led units are not one-piece integrated, or to be fair I have not stumbled across any yet. If you find something that upgrades brightness and reach and buyers report quality and dependability, I'm a buyer!

Gotta read carefully if want to feel confident on two wheels in triples on tour.
Well.. I should have it in a couple days. For $16.00 it's worth a shot. I'll be sure to report here on my experience.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Well.. I should have it in a couple days. For $16.00 it's worth a shot. I'll be sure to report here on my experience.
Also brighter is not always better. You don't want to be the guy with a bright ass headlight scattering light everywhere rather than a focused beam. That is usually the problem with swapping bulbs as our reflector housing is not truly designed to focus that beam. Plus alot of the cheaper bulbs can't handle the jumping around and bumps and burn out quicker.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright thanks for pioneering this, and keep us in the loop!!!
AZ..dude.. Do a search on ebay for 'H4' motorcycle headlight bulbs. You'd be surprised there are none! I did find a couple Xenon Halogen bulbs really cheap...but the overwhelming majority are integrated LEDs... I may also buy a couple of those super bright Halogens...their like $3.00 ea. just in case.

·
Registered
301 Posts
As I recall... lumens don’t really mean much it’s the Lux . Lux is how much of that light is pushed down the road ahead of you, and then of course is the beam pattern. (My Piaa has a dark spot just in front of bike when it’s in high beam which I don’t like. ). So if your LED has 50,000 lumens but doesn’t throw it down the road then it’s worthless!

·
Administrator
27,859 Posts
But if it has 50,000 and DOES throw it down the road . . .

I do not intend to be argumentative. I am only offering that the evidence and example provided is not convincing to me. Partly because I have been around the block more than a few times. Mostly because the reviews by others with no skin in the game are not encouraging. That is why I am excited you are pioneering. Its more than just a sixteen buck purchase. Its the experience of unknowingly having a blown headlight bulb or a bulb that runs only high or low but no change throwing the high beam button, especially on mountain roads in late afternoon. The dusk to dawn then truly sux.

·
Administrator
27,859 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add that lux is defined as:

"the SI unit of illuminance, equal to one lumen per square meter."

It does not say anything about dark spots in the middle of the focused beam, which are of course most often attributed to the headlight reflector and less to the led or incandescent or HID bulb. Just sayin' after 50+ years of riding bikes (s)(s)(s) . . .

Respectfully, look up the definitions of the definition's quantifying text, such as SI and illuminance. Its easy-to-spin marketing and often not provable and candidly worthless.

Yes there are recently plenty of integrated led bulbs like this. In winter the market for known-products is down. This stuff happens often seasonally. Not just with bulbs. That has nothing to do with quality and effective beam pattern. Its just opportunity marketing.

In cases like this with half-or-so negative buyer reviews, it requires buying one to find out wtf is up. And the next person could buy a lemon and will you reimburse them on your word?

Believe me I am not being an ass. You raised the questions and respectfully I stood my ground until you install and review after which I am known to be open minded and if I try it and it lasts 50k miles of mountain roads on my well-maintained Warrior then I will hunt down this thread and post that I agree with you bro.

Thats all I was saying, not challenging your excitement, more like excited to learn more like I posted previously.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts