RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry I forgot to add that lux is defined as:

"the SI unit of illuminance, equal to one lumen per square meter."

It does not say anything about dark spots in the middle of the focused beam, which are of course most often attributed to the headlight reflector and less to the led or incandescent or HID bulb. Just sayin' after 50+ years of riding bikes (s)(s)(s) . . .

Respectfully, look up the definitions of the definition's quantifying text, such as SI and illuminance. Its easy-to-spin marketing and often not provable and candidly worthless.

Yes there are recently plenty of integrated led bulbs like this. In winter the market for known-products is down. This stuff happens often seasonally. Not just with bulbs. That has nothing to do with quality and effective beam pattern. Its just opportunity marketing.

In cases like this with half-or-so negative buyer reviews, it requires buying one to find out wtf is up. And the next person could buy a lemon and will you reimburse them on your word?

Believe me I am not being an ass. You raised the questions and respectfully I stood my ground until you install and review after which I am known to be open minded and if I try it and it lasts 50k miles of mountain roads on my well-maintained Warrior then I will hunt down this thread and post that I agree with you bro.

Thats all I was saying, not challenging your excitement, more like excited to learn more like I posted previously.
Post office delivering it today. Will install and report back asap with initial thoughts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome, I know a lot of us really appreciate your step-up on this.

Well here you go. Came quickly in the mail. Impressed with build quality. Plugged right in like a normal Halogen bulb. Definitely brighter then the Xenon Halogen bulb.
Super white color. Went for a ride. I can see it reflecting off the back of cars in broad daylight up close. Have to get out in the dark to see how well it illuminates the road at night. There is a difference too between high and low beam albeit though not as different as a standard bulb from what I remember. I will check back later after I have been out at night. Right now it's to **** cold to ride when the sun sets! All and all though for $16.00 it looks well worth it...especially considering it's totally plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
For what it is worth, my older cyclops (4-5 years) has been way better than my stocker. I do not notice any diffused light. I actually have a bright LED add on my friend gave me. Have not seen a need to add it yet. Seems like the HD guys have a light thang- Keep us posted on your findings. The Cyclops was tight to fit, but not too bad. Tons of led add on lights to add on if....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it’s a terrific idea, if you can’t afford the complete headlight atm. I found some on the Aussie eBay so me thinks I shall at least test one out. As per usual the information given here and in other areas is shall I say informative.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Everything is simpler: direct the light of the headlamp onto a wall with a uniform coating and it will already become clear what kind of light field such a lamp forms.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts