RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out with a standard headlight lens.?

Mine has a major stone hole and needs to be replaced.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The headlight isn't a two piece job...you have to either replace the entire reflector/lens unit, or go to a custom headlight bucket assembly. I remember seeing a stock headlight for sale by one of the members just recently, otherwise, check Ebay or buy one from one of the site sponsors, motorsportssuperstore.com or yamahasportsplaza.com

I hope that helps you!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, not being mean or anything, but I am trying to avoid buying a new item.

Yes I actually meant the lens / reflector - as a whole.

It would be a shame to have to get a new one - as I hoped there may be someone who has fitted a trick new light and had the old unit for sale.

If I can't find one, I will get one through MSSS.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
No worries brother...glad you found the info somewhat useful though!
I'm actually planning an aftermarket 5-1/4" light for mine for this season. The stock reflector doesn't justify the HID light set-up I have, so I'm going with a Candlepower H4 lense with a Headwinds-style bucket with custom mount.

Buying one of the stock units new would cost you quite a bit anyway after exchange and shipping to the UK anyway!! If you check Ebay you can often find the "Cyclops" style lights and many others for relatively cheap.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.... as usual a great response!

Part #3 is exactly what I need,

Ouch,,, even with a little extra discount - that price with shipping and taxes hurts! LOL!

I will hunt high and low - but if anyone hears anything - perhaps on US ebay etc ....

Please let me know.

I don't expect to be riding for at least 5 - 6 weeks - not that the lens will stop me from riding anyway!

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
jarv said:
Part #3 is exactly what I need,

Ouch,,, even with a little extra discount - that price with shipping and taxes hurts! LOL!

I will hunt high and low - but if anyone hears anything - perhaps on US ebay etc .... Please let me know.

I don't expect to be riding for at least 5 - 6 weeks - not that the lens will stop me from riding anyway!
Just a heads up with a used part; you'll want to ask theseller if the lense is badlypitted .... ask me how i know

Unless you get caught in the rain thereshouldn't a problem if the rear rubber boot behind the bulb is assembled properly. I rode >800 miles with a large stone hole in mine coming back from a trip up Northdoing occasional triple digits and maybe another 300 miles around town and never blew my fancy PIAA #70456 head lamp bulb

You'll need a proper fitting cross-point screw driver to remove the lock tighted screws!

·
Registered
262 Posts
AlanH said:
....need a proper fitting cross-point screw driver to remove the lock tighted screws!

oh sure...now you tell me :p

btw, if that don't work, a small pair of channel locks may do the trick .... ask me how I know :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts