RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike to yamaha today with a leaking gas tank[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif], they are getting me a new one (two day air). The recall "fix" did not work on my tank. I had the recall done in July with 3865 miles on it, now has 8934. They suspect the damaged began before they did recall as I had the most miles (at time of recall) of any warriors they sold. So, any of you that have not done the recall you might want to reconsider. There was no warning, no leak then leak and boy does it leak (about a gal in 4 hrs)until gas is only left in lower tank under seat. Had to tow it to dealer just like my harley.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

Good part is now is time to do BAK, AIS, coil move, and krank vent. Thanks to all of you that have posted info to do this.

sorry if I should have posted elsewhere but I wanted everyone to beware.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
GIRLZWARRIOR-THAT SUCKS ABOUT YOUR TANK. THAT HAS BEEN A FEAR OF MINE SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT MINE. I WONDER AFTER OUR BIKES ARE OUT OF WARRANTY WILL YAHAMA STILL TAKE CARE OF US? I AM GOING TO LOOK AT THE 2003 AND SEE WHAT THEY CHANGED AND SEE IF I CAN RETROFIT IT TO MINE BEFORE IT HAPPENS. YOU WOULD THINK THAT WITH A CHANCE OF FIRE OR FUEL GETTING UNDER THE REAR TIRE AT SPEED THAT YAMAHA WOULD DO A RECALL OF ALL 2002 AND REPLACE THEM WITH THE 2003 TANKS. OH WELL THAT IS MY 2CENTS WORTH.

HARLEY JONES

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I tried the recall, but my **** tank vibrated more with the recall parts installed. I'll be one really pissed off Warrior Rider if my tank leaks gas all over the place somewhere like Florida!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey DarkStar mine vibrated more after recall also, but beeing a girl.....[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

sorry about off subject, but I need to laugh about something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
girlzwarrior, bad news on the old tank but good news they will give you a new one. Im scared so I am getting my recall work done 29th at 0930. Thanks for the info. Randy

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
mine is not vibrating yet. and if it aint broke i won't be fixing it too soon. odds are that if it leaks i'll end up rewelding it anyway.
sorry 'bout your tank[B)] GIRLZ that definetly sucks. more sorry you had to tow a metric cruiser to the dealership[:0], hope no other harley owners were around to see a broke warrior[xx(].

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I reinstalled the stock/original parts, vibration went away. Actually, the dealer reinstalled the stock parts after I yelled and shouted that they screwed my tank up. Let it Leak, just gives me a reason to yell at them again! Or better yet trade in for a 2003!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had the recall done with 300 miles on the bike. It didn't seem to vibrate any more than it did before the recall. Have over 3000 miles on it now, still the same. I plan on removing the tank this winter to perform a few mod's. Are there any signs to look for (leak problem) while it is off?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Got 382 miles on the bike, it hasn't been done so I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to get it taken care of. Called him today, said he has the washer kit in stock and tells me the whole thing takes fifteen minutes. ****, I hope I caught it in time.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Had the recall done this morning, took 15 minutes like they said. Can't hear any difference in vibration sounds coming from the tank, now have a shiny "dot" above my VIN.

If any GA warriors still need to get this done, Atlanta Motor World up in Alpharetta seems to stock the recall washer kits and can take care of it quickly.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
mine was done before i bought it. it does seam to vibrate at the rear of the tank. if it does leak latter on, i wonder if they are going to honor it? and are they going to pay for killing my kids if my crotch catches on fire?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by redbullssg

mine was done before i bought it. it does seam to vibrate at the rear of the tank. if it does leak latter on, i wonder if they are going to honor it? and are they going to pay for killing my kids if my crotch catches on fire?

No, but with every case of grilled gonads Yammie sends you a free "Hot Rocks" CD [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts