RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a fix for a heat shield clamp breaking loose? The mounting tab broke off and I've tried a dab of jb weld and even tried magnets but they lost magnetism once they got hot. The tab is right where the flash from my camera is. Thanks for any help.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Light

·
Premium Member
9,076 Posts
Yea, I am wondering if a weld will show on the chrome side. I need to come up with something, the rattle is annoying!
Here's an advanced search that comes to mind using "Hat Section" and AlanH as a Query.
Some or one are pertinent to your failure.
I'm assuming the Samson Heat Shield uses a shallow Hat Section profile for the attachment and a narrow screw hose clamp to secure the shield to the exhaust pipe.
If that's the case an experienced welder using Mig or Tig would be the least intrusive method for tack welding the hat section back in place. I would expect that the shield would need to be cooled to prevent discoloration of the chrome etcetera.
There are other solutions, such as a high quality stainless steel barrel clamp that is visible using a spacer between the pipe and shield for a different look.
If need be the heat shield can be re-chromed ... it's only $'s :)

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
When you take it to the welder see if he will put a wet towel around the area to keep the keep centralized and that "should" save the chrome. Also that area where he is welding is more on the bottom to rear of the heat shield.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into a permanent fix over the winter and it looks like welding is the only permanent fix. Luckily my cousin is an excellent welder. Until then, I'm going to try and look for a used heat shield, I also emailed Samson.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts