RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I'm new to here (a given). I just got a new Left-over 06 Warrior this past Saturday and I'm loving the feel it. EXCEPT...It's back firing and popping when giving a shot of gas and sometimes when just cruising. I thoght maybe the dealer put some bad gas in it. But I ran it down and put in some 93. It's still doing it. Also after a little ride it's real hard to get it into Neutral.

This is my first cruiser of any type. I have ridden my dad's Harleys, Triumphs, etc. But I came up in the world of dirt and crotch rockets. Not that I'm a little older and recovering from a set of broken hips, It's time to settle down. But I still ride my Quads every weekend.

I'm currently in the Army with 2 years left to retirement. Then off to the west (Utah, Wyoming there-a-bouts) and the open roads.

If anyone can help me on my problems, it would be greatly apprecdiated before I go back to the dealer and raise a comotion.

BTW, love the site. But I will do a search to see if I can find anything.

Thanks,
Casey

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, real quick, I did a search and found alot of info and that the backfire is normal. I had even seen that one guy likes it. But mine is actually killing the bike sometimes. Well, guess it's back to the dealer for a re-MAP. And these guys take forever.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Back firing is a trait of the Warrior. Mine back fired quite a bit till I got a Power Commander. You don't have to spend the money on high octane gas. The Warrior is designed to run on 87 unless you have high compression pistons. If you are talking about a map for a Power Commander check out the maps you can get in the Library section of this forum.

·
Registered
218 Posts
1+ from gman
need more info, does it have a pcIII, type pipes and intake mods. They all retain a pop to a degree but it can be lessened. after awhile you can figure out when it pops and control it, I have and enjoy it... I can ride most of the day without a pop or do it at will. This is a great site with a lot of helpful members with good advice and tips.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Lots of info here on the backfiring. On the neutral, how's your clutch cable? If it's got too much play, that can cause shifting probs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.
The bike is brand new. I got it Sat. with .0 miles on it. It now has about 180 or so. I'm trying to quickly work up to the 500 mile mark of break in so I can put my Amsoil. I hate conventional oil.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can adjust your clutch cable at the lever for an easier neutral. Don't run anything above 87 when you're stock. She'll pop a bit and that's normal. Keep reading and you'll find everything you need.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think the pop is great. As Section[8] said we can control our pop now and when he is behind me I like to shoot him... He acts like he has been shot and puts his hand to his
Chest.HEHEHE [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif][8D][/emoticons/emotion-11.gif]
OOPPSS Sorry I didn't tell you welcome to the 4M! My Bad...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Casey, First of all thank you for your years of service, I'm appreciative. Second, When my warrior was new (2002) there was some backfiring and stalling for the first 300 miles. Not being able to get to neutral may be due to the clutch cable, check your adjustment. Lastly (is that even a word?)
Welcome to the best **** forum on the world wide web.

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote: Casey, First of all thank you for your years of service, I'm appreciative.

It can't be said enough! Welcome to our/your favorite site!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bore_pig

quote: Casey, First of all thank you for your years of service, I'm appreciative.

Ditto!Welcome to the family!

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
Welcome to the last motorcycle forum you'll ever need! Break this bike in fast and it'll be fast.

BTW popping on Deceleration is normal but popping so hard it kills the engine is NOT normal! It shouldn't pop during normal riding or at steady speeds. There will be a little more pop the first couple hundred miles BUT that's not to say it'll pop all the time. Mostly it should only pop on decel.

If/when you change the exhaust system the pop will become more pronounced, so mod the intake and exhaust at the same time and install a PC3USB and have it dyno tuned. It'll wake that Beast up like you won't believe!

[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thankyou all for the great Welcome replies. I look forward to being an active member on here. But I am also very active on about 5 other car forums that I stay deeply involved in. I'm a car (GM) guy at heart. But I am constantly keping the wifes car clean and ready, my latest project is a 94 Honda Del Sol that we got in for a little Autocross fun, and we all ride in the dirt with quads and bikes. Let alone the Army keeping busy 15 hrs a day.

So, at this point, the bike will stay pretty much stock except for a sissy bar for the wife. I'm still looking for one of those that look decent and are fairly priced. I've only found 2. The factory one and one aftermarket tha fit the 04-07 models. I went through all the sites in the Links tab. Ebay really doens't have much. So here we go, I may have to fab my own and have it chromed.

But thankyou again.
Casey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts