RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, new to the site. Currently have a 2004 GSX-R 1000 but due to that bike getting me in trouble with tickets I need to slow down. Going to be selling the crotch rocket soon and buying a warrior, and very excited to get mine! Just wondering if there was any difference between the 2002's and the newer models I should be aware of? Looking forward to some great info once I buy mine and start the modifications! Thanks,

Lucas W.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If you are looking for a used one, see if you can find an '02-03 that hasn't had the transmission recall work done yet. It's a great time to get some goodies istalled with no labor charge. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Lucas, Welcome to the best **** forum on the web. You can still get tickets riding the Warrior.[:0]

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
welcome to the 4m. no real differences between the 02's and newer

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.[8D]
What make's you think you won't get a ticket on a Warrior???[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
Just thought I would ask, as you can roll the throttle on these
Just as hard and get into just as much trouble.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif].

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, didnt know about the tranny recall, I will have to check into that! I picked the warrior because I really wanted a bike that was 1/2 V-twin muscle and 1/2 sportbike, plus the warrior is just a gorgeous motorcycle. Ill have mine in about 3 weeks. Also the reason I got tickets on the GSXR is because I like to do stupid things on it /emoticons/emotion-1.gif (Reference picture below). And cops in this town have it out for sportbike riders.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My $.02. If you did stupid things on your GSXR (clearly, you did :&gt/emoticons/emotion-5.gif, a different bike isn't going to change the one constant that really matters. The rider.

IOW: You'll be getting tickets on your Warrior as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is very true, BUT I still want to trade in for the warrior /emoticons/emotion-1.gif Just need to work on keeping the stupid stuff to a minimum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Clearly, it'll be a VERY different bike, but there are probably few who have an eye for the warrior that don't like it after taking one for a spin.
I'm sure you'll love it. Just be careful, and if you start feeling a little nutty, well, just make sure you do it where you're the only one that might get killed from it. /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Finger-wagging aside, get the warrior (did I harass you about your lack of gear yet ;&gt/emoticons/emotion-5.gif. It's a great bike, and you'll certainly stand out from the sea of sport bikes out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GEAR, I know I know, me of all people should know to wear it with all the road rash scars and broken bones Ive seen from other people going down. Thats another aspect of sportbikes I need to get away from, wrecking! I know its no excuse but it gets really hot down here in florida and a leather jacket in 100 degree weather with 100% humidity is sometimes too much. But thank you for the tip, I have looked at the Honda Rune Valkyrie 1800, Kawasaki Mean streak, and Suzuki M109R but stil the Warrior comes out on top, it is just breathtaking and I have read nothing but great reviews about it!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome to the 4m Lucas. Not sure the Warrior will keep you out of trouble but what the **** you know yourself better than we do. One of the tricks that I use is spend lots of money on mods that make it look good. Then you don't want to risk messing it up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Good choice of bike Brother. There are lots of people on here who have moved from a Sportsbike to a Warrior and have never looked back, me included. I had a 'Blade' and seriously needed to slow myself down, that was 4 years ago and it's worked a treat, no tickets in 4 years and I now have just as much fun on my Warrior as I did with my Blade, moreover I now stand right out from the crowd over here as there are very very few Warriors on the roads, almost everyone has a boring old Sportsbike /emoticons/emotion-5.gif Enjoy the Forums and best of luck with your purchase.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts