RS Warrior Forum banner

Hello everyone

2K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Bigadam79 
#1 ·
Whats up? My name is Adam, and im in the process right now of purchasing an 06 Warrior. Ive been lurking on the forums here for quite a while checking out all the members bikes, and now that I know im getting mine, I just couldnt wait to join the site. Ever since it was unvieled in 02 I have wanted one. last year, my g/f and I bought new bikes but I wasnt able to get the Warrior then. But times have changed and Im on to bigger and better things. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
The one im looking at is the Midnight/Raven edition. I've been searching around and calling different dealers here in my area, even in south Florida looking for the best deal. Then today i picked up a cycle trader noticed an add for a dealer in AL. I called them and they had the one im looking for, and hes giving me the best price Ive been quoted soo far, so we're gonna get the paper work started. So if all goes right, Ill be crusin it out in a couple weeks. Its going to be that long untill I can go pick it up. But Ill keep ya posted...I love taking pics of all my projects and toys. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

See less See more
#3 ·
Well good news. I just got off the phone from the dealer and they just finished doing the buyers order. Its getting faxed down to the bank, and all ill have left to do is swing by, sign the papers, then head up to Birmingham to pick it up. The salesman said this one is still on the crate untouched.
On a side note, the drive home is about 4 hours. ya think i should jump on it and drive it home. It will be interstate miles. I wasnt sure how that would effect the break in procedure. Im planing on bring the trailer and just pulling it home though.

#4 ·
Welcome to the site mate, sounds like you know all about the Warrior after all of your research. Congrats on the deal and I hope that you don't have to wait too long. There's plent of info on the site about 'breaking in' your bike, just use the search facility at the top of the page. Generally the experienced guys will tell you to break it in exactly the way that you intend to ride the bike but there are quite a few different views on this. Speak to your dealer too as they will also give you advice. Ride safe and enjoy the forums.

#5 ·
Congrats, a new bike that noone has drooled on yet! I say ride it home, that's what you are buying it for right, riding?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Just think how crazy you would be towing it home, looking in the mirror seeing it sit there while you are driving, what a shame that would be!! Besides, look at the troubles alot of people have had trailering their bike!![:0]

#6 ·
How confident a rider are you? You bought a new bike a year or so ago, was that your first ride? How long have you been riding? What's been your longest ride? A lot to factor in... Having said that... Ride that bad boy home and break it in like you want to ride it.

#8 ·
Ive been riding bikes since I was 8 years old. Started on on an 88 Honda Z50. then progressed up to various dirtbikes when i was a teen, then onto street bikes. So yea, Ive got lots of riding experience. As for my longest rides, Ive never gone for a long ride. I think the most Ive done(besides riding my ditbiks in the trails for hours) is about 100 miles straight seat time. So thats not the issue. I just wasnt sure how good it is to break in a new bike running the same speeds down the interstate for 4 hours. But thats not saying i wont fluxuate the rpms during the ride duration. My other concerns is the tag. Ill be registering the bike in FL, but purchasing it in AL. The last 2 bikes i bought i had the trialer with me and I pulled them home, and tagged them the next day here. I guess i need to talk to the dealer about that.

#9 ·
I rode my Warrior home from the dealers and that was 150 miles. I chose to keep off the main roads and zig zagged down across country to give it a better chance of running in properly. Lots of speed and rev changes as well as using the gearbox. Take a bit longer and take it home the scenic route. It's more fun too [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

#14 ·
welcome bigadam79 kinda like if you could stay off the interstate a bit i would ride it home but all interstate isn't going to be all that great its all up to you, enjoy and this is going to be like when you were a kid and you got that dirt bike you thought holy sh!! this bad boy is better[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

#22 ·
I sure will. We always have the digi cam close by these days. I wanna take some on the way home. Im sure my g/f will be snapping away when shes hehind me in the truck....lol

I already have a hook up on some aftermarket handlebars.One of the guys I talk to on the Malibu forums bought some for his bike and never installed them. So hes giving them to me for cheap!! Looks like thats the first mod goin on.

#26 ·
quote:Originally posted by Bigadam79

Only 2 more days before I pick up my bike. **** I cant wait. I've been soo excited all week. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

I know exactly how you feel. I'm picking up my new (to me) 2003 tomorrow morning!!!

It's hard to keep my mind on work at the moment. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.