RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered today and look forward to participating! I have had several cruisers(1988 Kawasaki L88, 1991 HD FLHS, 2000 Kawasaki 1500 Drifter, 2001 Suzuki Volusia 800 and my most recent, a 2003 Honda 1800 VTX Retro(all sold.) I ride a new 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom and a 2003 Kawasaki Concours now but want to sell these and get another cruiser. I recently rode my cousin's new Yamaha Roadstar 1700 and I was impressed- not as fast as my past VTX but a much smoother drivetrain and ride. I sat on a Warrior a few years ago and felt that the stock seat was terrible(like most are)but I've had several bikes with Mustang seats that solved the problem, so I'm looking at the Warrior again and happened upon this site. I built dyno contest winning 96 inch Harley engines in Southern California, so I see the potential in the Warrior engine! I also like the high-tech frame and brakes and suspension. I live in Southwest Missouri, where it's a little cold to ride right now, so I've got some time to make a decision about my next cruiser! Take care, Sam[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes the VTX has more top end and is a nice cruiser, you'll get more grunt off the line with the Warrior and in the curves its fantastic. Pretty easy to mod, which is why members like it so much.
BTW the stock seats are terrible, but with Corbin and Mustangs out there why stay stock anyway. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. BTW with a big bore kit cams n pistons the Warrior will be stronger than the VTX. Then you get handling and unbelievable grunt. Good luck and once you start modding you will be hooked.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Add a MIDNIGHT warrior to that impressive list of bikes...

You know it makes sense...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
porkie,

I, too was looking at the VTX and the Warrior before I finally decided to get the Warrior. This was after I rode both bikes and compared them side-by-side...The Warrior just beat the VTX hands down in looks...I also felt that the Warrior rode a lot better and seemed to handle 100% better than the VTX. Since I planned to modify the engine on the Warrior, I really didn't care if the VTX had a little more power.

Being an ex-sport biker I liked the way the Warrior handled the twisties and the way it delivered the power. The VTX just felt heavy and unresponsive...

But I guess to each his own...I can honestly say that I am very happy with my decision to get the Warrior and I wouldn't trade my Warrior for anything.

Anyway best of luck and welcome to the forums...

Midnight Warriors RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

1 - 20 of 33 Posts