RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
06 Midnight
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I pick up an 06 Midnight Warrior next weekend.
All stock standard as far as I could tell, apart from the decals taken off the tank.
Found this site doing some research on it the other day and figured I'd join.
Pics to come when I get the bike.

Cheers

·
Registered
06 Midnight
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate, thanks for the welcome.
Not yet, I've seen there's a few aussie members on here.
Wherever I end up really, it may sound boring but I do enjoy just cruising on the highway.
The Warrior is a decent upgrade to my previous bike, a 96 1100 Shadow ACE, so I'm looking forward to putting some mileage on it.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,738 Posts
You might consider Ivan's ECU flash to increase rpm redline and remove most engine braking. It makes the motor smoother so the highway is more friendly. It's a pita to order because of shipping but it's easier if you have friends in the USA who can get it mailed back to you. Or maybe Ivan ships export now. Either way, it's the single best motor mod you can do even for fully stock bikes.

·
Registered
06 Midnight
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Frec, cheers mate.

Just gonna ride it for a bit first and see if I need to change anything, lots of knowledge here if I decide to do anything from what I've read

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Welcome aboard. Take a little time cruising around here as there are tons to read. And get ready for that mod bug to bite.

·
Registered
06 Midnight
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Outlaw, Warriors worldwide haha.

Hey Hefty, I've been reading heaps of stuff on here. It's a great knowledge base.
I've got a couple of old cars to play with so I'll probably try and hold off on mods initially. Although I did come across a set of bigshots over here, ad says 1 set left :unsure:
Shame they're chrome though...
This is my old shadow, which I still have. Not a big dollar bike so I'll probably just keep it.
According to online specs, while 600cc bigger the warrior is 3in shorter and only 25kg or so heavier 😁
Tire Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel

·
Registered
338 Posts
All stock standard as far as I could tell, apart from the decals taken off the tank.

Cheers
I hope you are in Queensland and can actually ride more than 5KM from your home? Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,057 Posts

Cheers
Welcome to the Forum from the Sunny Coast QLD.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts