RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
NICE Combo.
Warrior is a black beauty ...... more pics of the car please !

Heads up: one scew missing at the end cap of the waterheater (OEM exhaust 馃).
Best regards from Germany,
Thommy

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hahaha yeah I noticed the missing screw when I went and looked at it, told the bloke it was 1k off the price 馃槀

Car is a 1972 Holden Torana 2 door. Originally released as a 6 cylinder, this one has a 5.0 v8 and 4 speed in it. Very fun car.

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hahahaha was a quick paint job me and a mate did to make it all one colour.
Looked like this beforehand

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The one thing wrong with the bike when I got it (apart from the idle being set at 650-700 rpm, which I've bumped up to 950ish), was this broken blinker that was cable tied on.

But it came with a new one. And while as always it was a harder job than it had to be (thanks Yamaha), it's sorted.

Administrator
Welcome to the forum from lower Alabama. Never seen that particular car before, pretty unique. Congrat's on the Warrior, you will not be disappointed in it's performance.

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
They're pretty popular here, they were a successful race and rally car here with the 6 cylinder. Lightweight with power.

So after a little bit of time on the bike I think Arizona called it about the tune, it's a bit jerky on and off the throttle at low speed.
Other than that I love it, looks good and goes even better.

One question, with the tune (not even sure how I'm gonna get it done here yet), is it a standalone thing? Like do I have to change anything else?

Administrator
If you change just the exhaust, i don't think you need to do anything, but if you change the air filter to a VBAK along with the exhaust, i would get a fuel management unit. Me personally, the best add on would be Ivan's flash. It really refines the Warrior. Even stock it seems to really benefit the bike in several ways. There are several maps you can download to run on the bike after the mods i spoke of. I am running a map i downloaded off of the power commander website that works great on my bike.

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hey mate, yeah the flash is what I meant. Can I just do that alone without any other mods?

Administrator

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Awesome, thanks.
Now to work out how to do it over here...

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Cheers mate, not really looking to mod anything else, I even don't mind the exhaust.
Just like it to be smoother on and off the throttle.
And that's if I can even make it happen over here.

Super Moderator
Welcome & G鈥檇ay Collo,

I鈥檓 in WA .. I鈥檓 on my 2nd Warrior and the latest I had a Power Commander fitted along with a Dyno tune, chalk and cheese on ride-ability.. though I鈥檓 not sure if it鈥檚 affected it鈥檚 starting as it can be cantankerous sometimes on a 1st start .. or it鈥檚 pissed off with me as it doesn鈥檛 get ridden much 馃槀

Like the guys mention, information overload to be found with a search.

Cheers

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey mate, cheers for the welcome.
I've seen the PCV for sale here on a couple of sites, price seems to vary a lot unless I'm missing something in the details.
Lots of info here, been reading a bit.
What's yours doing on a cold start?

Super Moderator
Hey mate, cheers for the welcome.

What's yours doing on a cold start?
All Warriors exhibit a different start to other bikes, due to the engine size and decompression valve .. mine has a new/ ish battery and always on a tender charger 鈥 but it only tries turning over a few times before sounding asthmatic 馃ゴ eventually it starts and after it鈥檚 warmed up it starts a lot quicker.

Could well be a average battery even though it鈥檚 higher up in the CCA than the original鈥 ive other bikes (more comfortable) so the Warrior rarely gets ridden.

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ah ok, I'll look into it further.
Only had the bike a week so I just want to ride it at the moment. Bring on tomorrow

Registered
06 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So 2 weeks of ownership down. I'm very impressed with how nimble this bike feels at low speed manoeuvring considering what it is.
Dare I say more user friendly than the Shadow 1100, which is also a great bike.
Probably says more good about Yamaha than anything bad about Honda.

Also Arizona and Hefty, the mod bug has bitten, good job calling it early (y)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts