RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2009 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

I learned to ride on a Yamaha XS1100, loved that bike so much! I've been on a break for a bit, 12 years later the bug has bitten again. I started hunting for a Warrior and found a pretty decent one and pulled the trigger. I haven't seen it yet, getting delivered this week, I'm kinda scared of this thing, nervous as **** and really hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, but hey, I want what I want 馃榿

Looking forward to sharing and learning.

Premium Member
Congrats on the purchase and joining the great forum on Earth.
Just curious what color is the bike you bought with the user name of Bumblebee?

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum from lower Alabama and congrat's on getting your new to you Warrior.

Reactions: Bumblebee76

Registered
2009 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! "Like a kid before Christmas" is the understatement of the year, so far it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, I have a feeling I'm not going to get much sleep tonight :ROFLMAO:

I will post some photos as soon as I can, in the mean time it's the one in my profile pic. A 2009 pretty much stock standard except for the can, 42000km with a full service history by Yamaha.

Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
so you didn't get the original Bumblebee

ah well.. no worries mate.. you're welcome here anyway

to find out more about Bumblebee (the bike) just use the search function..

Registered
2009 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you didn't get the original Bumblebee

ah well.. no worries mate.. you're welcome here anyway

to find out more about Bumblebee (the bike) just use the search function..
ooooh that's nice! Haha, my first car was a yellow vw bug, Bumblebee from the original animated Transformers series, the name just kinda stuck.

Administrator
She has arrived!!! I fired her up and my soul immediately started giggling uncontrollably. I was so nervous taking her out for a ride but as it turns out, 12 years isn't long enough to forget that this is where I belong.

View attachment 252985
Any chance you could send me a Conversation-PM with an actual picture of the VIN plate at the steering neck, and also a picture under the rider seat of the wiring and etc, and another of the factory stickers on the frame under the rider seat? I'd like to see if the bike is a factory South Africa build, or Originally went to Europe or North America or maybe its one of the middle-east special builds.

Maybe also look for numbers on the bike that look something like all of these:

XV17PCY(2009) (Y = 2009)
5PXS for U49
5PXT for California

XV17PCMY (2009 Midnight)
(Y = 2009) (M = Midnight)
2D8D for U49
2D8E for California

Also your bike color appears to be the 2009 stock color named Liquid Silver.

2009 XV17PCYS 5PXS USA49 'Silver #3' (S3 / 0791) sold as 'Liquid Silver'.
2009 XV17PCYCS 5PXT California 'Silver #3' (S3 / 0791) sold as 'Liquid Silver'.
2009 XV17PCMY 2D8D USA49 'Yamaha Black' (YB / 0033) sold as 'Onyx' and 'Midnight'.
2009 XV17PCMYC 2D8E California 'Yamaha Black' (YB / 0033) sold as 'Onyx' and 'Midnight'.

Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
The guys here would understand my reaction when I saw BB lol. I thought to myself " self i hope he doesn't have a yellow and black Warrior. No I've seen the bike so all is good. Welcome to the Forum from Sunny Queensland Australia.

Registered
2009 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any chance you could send me a Conversation-PM with an actual picture of the VIN plate at the steering neck, and also a picture under the rider seat of the wiring and etc, and another of the factory stickers on the frame under the rider seat? I'd like to see if the bike is a factory South Africa build, or Originally went to Europe or North America or maybe its one of the middle-east special builds.

Maybe also look for numbers on the bike that look something like all of these:

XV17PCY(2009) (Y = 2009)
5PXS for U49
5PXT for California

XV17PCMY (2009 Midnight)
(Y = 2009) (M = Midnight)
2D8D for U49
2D8E for California

Also your bike color appears to be the 2009 stock color named Liquid Silver.

2009 XV17PCYS 5PXS USA49 'Silver #3' (S3 / 0791) sold as 'Liquid Silver'.
2009 XV17PCYCS 5PXT California 'Silver #3' (S3 / 0791) sold as 'Liquid Silver'.
2009 XV17PCMY 2D8D USA49 'Yamaha Black' (YB / 0033) sold as 'Onyx' and 'Midnight'.
2009 XV17PCMYC 2D8E California 'Yamaha Black' (YB / 0033) sold as 'Onyx' and 'Midnight'.
Sure thing, would be awesome to have more info on this machine.

Registered
The guys here would understand my reaction when I saw BB lol. I thought to myself " self i hope he doesn't have a yellow and black Warrior. No I've seen the bike so all is good. Welcome to the Forum from Sunny Queensland Australia.

"Sunny Queensland Australia"

My future retirement home fingers crossed!
Will ship the warrior down there too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts