RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, and new to the bike. I've been riding my entire life, basically, since I was 7yrs old. Dirt bikes, ect ...
Been riding mostly sport bikes my entire adult life, but getting older and wanted a ride that was a bit easier on my knees then my 1986 GSXR 750. I've liked these since they came out, and it's one of three cruisers that I'd ever own. I got a good deal on a 2003, with a few upgrades, so I jumped on it. Now starts the endless journey of personalizing it, and rebuilding it. I know from experience, these forums are full of knowledge, so here I am.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Welcome! I was in Knoxville today!

Reactions: gotgixers

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
Welcome aboard from Dirty Deep South of Miami. Looks like you got a cleaning day ahead of you.
Also a good time to do some minor maintenance, check wiring and some general stuff.
Spend some time searching around here as most everything has been asked before but if you get lost feel free to start up a new thread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome aboard from Dirty Deep South of Miami. Looks like you got a cleaning day ahead of you.
Also a good time to do some minor maintenance, check wiring and some general stuff.
Spend some time searching around here as most everything has been asked before but if you get lost feel free to start up a new thread.
SERIOUS deep cleaning, as Desertboy13 said also. Already have a Lithium battery, new starter solenoid, and a resistor for the COD issue on the way. Going to get a set of fork seals on the way, and definitely changing the handlebars and controls, as I am a drag bike/blacked out kind of guy. It runs/rides/shifts great, so that's a big plus. Spent hours reading here already, and it seems you are one of the go-to guys on here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little bit more about me, I've owned and built dozens of bikes over the years. Mostly GSXR's and Busa's, but have had/built GS's, KZ's and CB old school bikes as well. I have only owned two other cruiser style bikes, a Honda shadow 1100, and a Yamaha Virago 1100. And those were in the early 90's, the closest thing to a cruiser I've owned in the last two decades is Bandit 1200's , which really isn't even close ...lol I've always liked the RSW, Victory 8ball Hammer, and the V-Rod. Those are the only three cruisers I really like enough to want to ride. I usually end up buying a bike, stripping it to the frame, then do a total rebuild. Not sure if I will do that to this one, right off the bat, but if not this winter, I'm sure I will next winter. As I just moved into a new house, and have not built my garage yet. Should be starting on that next month. And by the time I'm done with that, I will want to be riding, not building/modding. I am figuring out real quick, that all the typical parts to mod/personalize these bikes are already becoming harder to find. That part sucks, but I'm kind of used to that, being that I love rebuilding my old oil cooled GSXR's. I have three frames and boxes of parts to build them currently.
I am new to this forum, but not new to forums in general. I actually have my own interchange sticky over on gixxer.com.
And I am wanting to start buying some parts from members here, but can't until I get my post count up, from what I have read so far. SO I suppose I need to make posts, with some relevance, so I can start doing so. I know I'm looking forward to working on/ modding this Warrior.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You've definitely found the right place. Everything that has ever been done to a Warrior is documented on here somewhere and there are some great guys on here who make nice parts. Churchkey, Christok, Akitadog and others.

I had a 1995 Honda Shadow ACE 1100. Nice bike, very top heavy tho. My wife started riding it when I got my warrior. Side by side the Honda dwarfed the Warrior and people would ask why I rode the smaller bike and I would say don't let looks fool you, it's whats.between your legs that counts.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Plant

·
Site Vendor
67 Posts
Hello from New Jersey!
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts