RS Warrior Forum banner

Hello from West Midlands, U.K.

761 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  PeterSik 
#1 ·
Taking delivery of my new (to me) Warrior next week… making a swap from an MT-09, so should be an interesting adventure!

Glad to be in the forum 👍

#6 ·
welcome from kent ... yeah going to love the grunt at 110ft/lbs of thrust ... you'll be quickest to 70 no problem ... at 650 lbs wet and 8 ft long the front wont come up and the rear will take the torque

enjoy ... the rev limiter in every gear will keep you safe from over doing the revs

that crankshaft weighs 45 lbs !!

#9 ·
Well - finally arrived and got a couple of photos - what a great bike! Must admit I was a bit worried going from sports bikes to this - but she is an absolute dream to ride! View attachment 256475

View attachment 256476
awesome example of the original warrior

yours to customise as you wish ...

may want to hang onto the bazooka .. i have

i see the government are trailing noise cameras in chelsea and kensington ... they are set quite low in Db's

not seen the black pillion seat brackets before ... i like it ... oh and the reason most of us keep the yami. rear view mirrors is because they are real steady at speed ... see what battery you have ? and use yami lube semi synthetic until you change the oil to your chosen one

do you know if its mineral semi or full sythetic?

if so keep it the same .... its always veen a big subject here over the years

here in the uk i run 38/39 rear tyre and 36 front

there is a very unique way of testing the oil level properly ... youll find a vid in the search

i loved the bazooka for years ... but gave in to the the one i have now ... which is noisy and probably stopped some idiot not seeing me but depending on where you live its a discussion for later

it pulls 110 ft/lbs and will burn the rear tyre on idle if you like that idea

oh and keep idle at factory setting ... otherwise you upset engine decal

i find i have to touch the rear brake to let the driver behind know im coming down in speed fast just by closing the throttle

this bike is awesome in corners just hold her lightly ... she will do the rest

so much to learn ... enjoy the journey

you have two plugs per cylinder

5000 rev limiter in ever gear

an ecu system from a mitsubishi gallant

r1 inverted forks up front

and the still rare ali frame just for starters

your reserve light is probably good for 18 miles ... after that not sure

body work ... most likely rust is under front mudguard where its press welded ... keep an eye on that

oh it runs fine on 5 to 10% ethanol mix in the fuel
and runs best on the cheapest unleaded you can find ... metal tank helps

later ... where are you based ?

#14 ·
frec old bean ... good to see you here

im still intouch with oldman aka jack on facebook

and i only fell on a swoad going to facebook to guide strays here ... yup thats my story and im sticking to it 😄

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.