RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 02 back in May with low miles, obnoxious paint and loud Sampsons. Got rid of the Corbin, and have a rash from the mod fever.

Came with - Double T bars, ness mirrors and rear signals, sampson shortys with gpounders

Done - BAK, PCIII, Yammi Clutch Spring, Integrated Tail light, Yammi Billet Risers and Drag Bars, Flipped over passenger pegs, no front fender or front signals.

Doing -Dynacoilignition, Wires & Plugs, Paint. Lots of paint. Hidden caliper and no mirrors.

Want to do - Maybe fat tire?? like the look but don't want to lose myleaning curves. Kinda want to ride one first before I decide.

Had a few different no mention rides over the years. Most recent was a 900rr about 4 years ago. I don't really think much about life before the Warrior.

Will post pics when I quit riding long enough to take some!

Thanks in hindsight and advance for all advice!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate all the help! It's been a short but fun filled journey so far. This is the first bike I've ever had that I'm not afraid to customize because I don't ever plan getting rid of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Imevh2 said:
Bought a 02 back in May with low miles, obnoxious paint and loud Sampsons. Got rid of the Corbin, and have a rash from the mod fever.

Came with - Double T bars, ness mirrors and rear signals, sampson shortys with gpounders

Done - BAK, PCIII, Yammi Clutch Spring, Integrated Tail light, Yammi Billet Risers and Drag Bars, Flipped over passenger pegs, no front fender or front signals.

Doing -Dynacoilignition, Wires & Plugs, Paint. Lots of paint. Hidden caliper and no mirrors.

Want to do - Maybe fat tire?? like the look but don't want to lose myleaning curves. Kinda want to ride one first before I decide.

Had a few different no mention rides over the years. Most recent was a 900rr about 4 years ago. I don't really think much about life before the Warrior.

Will post pics when I quit riding long enough to take some!

Thanks in hindsight and advance for all advice!!

Wow, off to a good start. Let the madness continue!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the 4m. Fromwhat you've listed,it sound like your bike is oneI remember seeing on eBay. There's a few of us here in Ankeny.

If you're interested inmeeting up with other Warrior riderssometime, I'll probably be at Radical Cycle for bike night on Thursday. There's also Bike down to I-town on Friday. It'll be the last one for the year. I'll probably ride down to Indianolawiththe STAR Riding & Touringgroup,leaving Radical Cycle at 6pm. We'll be at the Southwest corner of the square, by the Van Wall's tent.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it on Craigslist last May. Bought it over in Urbandale. I've been to Radical 4or 5 times this year, and Indianola twice. I should be at both, depending on the work scenario. If I do get to ride down Friday, I'll be there (radical) at 6. Met some of the STAR group a few times this year. Seems like a decent group. Another friend of mine that has a Warrior and I rode out to Van Wall's in Perry last month when the group was out there.

I'll look for you there.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The other guy that I mentioned in the P.M. that I sentgoes under the name of Redcloud on the forum good guy to talk to if you are in to cosmetic mods. He has done some engine mods also.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Must be a different bike, I was thinking of one in Jesup, or some other remote town. I did see you and your friendat the Perry event though. I didn't get around to introducing myself. Sorry, I'll make sure to do that next time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No biggie I'm still used to being reserved and fending off the Harley guys that wander up and walk away pissed off when they see that it's a Yammi. It's kind of a work in progress right now. It's up and running but after the big air kit, I've decided to go with a side cone filter with a 2 inch tube going to both throttle bodies. I was getting massive amounts of torque, but when i put on the K&Ns, I lost some. And Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for my risers. The place I got them from is in Louisiana and they've had to evacuate twice. Supposedly they're getting overnighted today.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome and mice work.I have a 240 and still drag everything.Pipes andd pegs look good from the top.I road my freinds with the 260 and it doesnt handle as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts