RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 Warrior in Port Richey Florida. I won't be getting it for a week. I'm having drag bars, LED rear lights installed and mud cover removed, Vance & Hines exhaust, forward controls, having it lowered about an inch, and a 240 rear wheel and swingarm installed. I actually go pay for the bike this Friday. I'm not a mechanic, but I know what I want. And I want it done before I take the bike. I was torn between the Warrior and the V-Rod Muscle. They both end up costing the same (around $19,000) but the V-Rod was stock. It does come stock with the 240 and such though. Any comments on what I need to have on this Warrior so I can have it done right up front? Thanks. Ruckus

·
Registered
394 Posts
Dude!!......Guess all your are missing is a PCIII, a V-Bak and a custom map... you are off to a very VERY good start!!!! welcome.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome to the 4um I believe you will need help paying for it. pc3 and vback is all I can see as well best of Luck you will enjoy the badest muscle cruiser.

we will expect pict asap.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Awesome bike and great mods! Like it's already been said, before me, all you need is a PCIII and a VBAK kit and you're good to go!

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
If youve got the money to spend I HAVE to tout the exceptional products our members have created for our bikes. Gotta support the members before the vendors.

V-BAK, made by member "Churchkey", and coil relocation plate by "AkitaDog" as well as anAIS blockoff (many vendors)will clean up the sides of the bike and allow you to show off the sexy engine. After that, get in touch with "Bucky" for side covers and "WashingtonWarrior" for custom paint. "Royal5" can hook you up with a custom tooled leather seat. Or if you like your stock seat "Crusteel" is da man in reshaping to make it more comfortable. IMO the Low and Mean Cowl looks awesome but so does the Yamaha Lower Cowl (again, many vendors). Finally, have a look through "ArizonaWarrior's" Popular Mods thread for more ideas and info.

Welcome to the forum!!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Congrats, welcome, and AIS removal along with the PClll and BAK of your choice. PR and Churchkey are great or you can go with the DIY BAK for about $100 less. Either way you're a winner.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
welcome my new brother, i think there are some small stuff you could do like new bars, if your going to have a rider you might look into rear extension from Yamaha but there are a lot of little toys you can add to it, Glad you got the Warrior. would love to see some pictures of it soon.

·
Registered
664 Posts
****! Another Tampa Warrior! Seems like you are off to a very Good start. Everyone else has given great advice so i'm not going to re-iterate. You getting the work done at Barneys by chance? Welcome

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Welcome to the 4UM Brother. You're getting a good jump on the mod bug but don't you for a minute thing the race is over. The Bug will catch you quickly and you'll be mortgaging some more body parts before you know it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input. Like I said. I'm BRAND NEW!! Haven't riden in over 10 years. What is the PCIII and V-BAK? I feel stupid, but, if you don't ask.......you never learn. Thanks again all.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to the 4M! PCIII is a fuel delivery manager replaces the stock computer mapping and the vbak is a BIG Air Kit. Let's your baby breath!

Aaron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts