RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 warrior
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forum Actually I am new to all forums really have no experience with them. I’m from BC Canada and have a 2006 Yamaha warrior midnight edition that’s totally stock with 15,000 km on it. I got the bike a year ago with some trading and swapping I wasn’t ever so keen on the bike when I did the deal but now owning it for a year I grew to really like it and saw a lot of potential in it. I’m a retired motorcycle mechanic by trade so now I just tinker on my own stuff. I’m looking to wake up the potential of the bike. I’ve already picked up a Muzzy exhaust system and a stiletto seats. I’m in search of is a good fresh air kit, Commander V programmer I was picking that one because I have a lot of experience with Dyno jet in the past their customer support is incredible. I was thinking about also adding their AT300 to make the proper map. Handle Bars, ais Block off kit, and I was going to do the three disc delete on the clutch as well as put in a Barnett pressure plate and clutches. I have to build a support bracket for the exhaust because I didn’t get one the pipe was used And modifying the factory rear brake reserve to be mounted near the factory position because I wanted to use the factory cage for the look. I saw some posts on mounting it underneath the seat I was looking for something a little different because I know it can have some problems underneath the seat, I’ve seen in the past with fluid and I also like it having a solid amount. If anyone has any pictures of any Handle Bars they really enjoyed and like please send them to me, as well as any pictures of their air cleaner kits. It’s really hard to know what Works well on the bike when it comes into Air intake systems. I really have to rely on others when it comes to this and their experiences because I don’t have a Dyno available to me anymore. (Sold it) its a real shame to let it go it was the only real way to see what worked until I found you guys. Any input would be great and thanks for being part of the group! Mark

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
Welcome from Southern California! Glad to have you here!

I gotta say, that's a lot in a welcome post, but stick around and you should get all the support you need and more. For instance, we have a lot of maps for Power Commanders that people have shared over the years that you can download and install that should be REALLY close to your setup. You'll definitely need the fuel controller once you update your intake.

And speaking of, I know you're trying to get in touch with Churchkey for his VBAK system. Once you get that, all other "intake" setups will be purely ornamental. I currently have the Speedstar scoops on mine but also have the VBAK so they just cover the rats nest of wires for me.

There are some excellent write ups on some of the mods you are looking to do. The search bar at the top is your friend when looking around, but if you need some help finding something, just post up and we'll do our best to help.

Post some pics when you can! It's fun to see progress as you make changes.

·
Registered
2006 warrior
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Welcome from Southern California! Glad to have you here!

I gotta say, that's a lot in a welcome post, but stick around and you should get all the support you need and more. For instance, we have a lot of maps for Power Commanders that people have shared over the years that you can download and install that should be REALLY close to your setup. You'll definitely need the fuel controller once you update your intake.

And speaking of, I know you're trying to get in touch with Churchkey for his VBAK system. Once you get that, all other "intake" setups will be purely ornamental. I currently have the Speedstar scoops on mine but also have the VBAK so they just cover the rats nest of wires for me.

There are some excellent write ups on some of the mods you are looking to do. The search bar at the top is your friend when looking around, but if you need some help finding something, just post up and we'll do our best to help.

Post some pics when you can! It's fun to see progress as you make changes.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
Absolutely! Seeing your bike makes me ask a couple questions:

1. What rear tire is that? The sidewall looks HUGE compared to what I'm used to.

2. Looks like the under tank airbox is already out. I've never seen someone take that out before having the intakes ready to go. Did you use a write up to remove it? I only ask as there are several sensors and hoses that have to be handled correctly to prevent issues once you get it all back together. I know you said you're a retired motorcycle mechanic so I'm sure you know more about this than I ever will but it was just a little unexpected to see.

Also, congrats on getting to 10 posts! And thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and what you're doing with your scoot! Looking forward to the upgrades! You're going to love it!

While you're at it, though, I might suggest also looking into the Ivan's ECU Flash. I doubted for years that I would actually be able to feel the difference but boy was I wrong. I've got 5 miles of riding on my flashed ECU and I can already tell the difference.

·
Registered
2006 warrior
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were tires are 200 I was under the impression that was factory.
when I make the decision that I’m going to do something I just go forward with it that’s why there are boxes out because I knew I would not put it back in plus there is a foot of snow here and there’s no chance of going riding before it’s done.
I saw the posts about Ivan’s flash but I was a little uneasy about saving a map onto the ECU that cannot be changed. Because I’m at different altitudes and barometric pressures I was a little concerned about not being able to change the map. That’s why the AT300 and such a good piece of equipment. It will write the map you need with the conditions and then you can save it. Every bike is a little different. But it’s over $600 Canadian for something he would use for a day or two so I’m having a hard time justifying it. I wish we were at sea level it would be a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
They were tires are 200 I was under the impression that was factory.
when I make the decision that I’m going to do something I just go forward with it that’s why there are boxes out because I knew I would not put it back in plus there is a foot of snow here and there’s no chance of going riding before it’s done.
I saw the posts about Ivan’s flash but I was a little uneasy about saving a map onto the ECU that cannot be changed. Because I’m at different altitudes and barometric pressures I was a little concerned about not being able to change the map. That’s why the AT300 and such a good piece of equipment. It will write the map you need with the conditions and then you can save it. Every bike is a little different. But it’s over $600 Canadian for something he would use for a day or two so I’m having a hard time justifying it. I wish we were at sea level it would be a lot easier.
200 is the correct width, but those side walls just seem really big. I think normally, 200/55 R17 is the full listing, maybe 200/50 R17. Can you share what those are? Super curious as they look like just normal cruiser tires and not the performance type tires we usually see.

Makes sense about the airbox.

For Ivan's Flash, it's not actually a map, per se. It unlocks the full potential of the engine and changes how the fuel injection is handled. Normally, when you close the throttle, it de-energizes the injectors and completely cuts fuel to the engine. This makes throttle response more jerky when you start to open it up again. His flash addresses this. It also ups the rev limit so you have more room on the top end and can utilize a larger power band. There are other things it does too that I can't remember but it's not a map. Also, from talking with him briefly when I sent him my ECU, there is only one flash he does for the Warrior so every flashed Warrior ECU is the same. There is plenty of ink on the forum about the various pros and cons of using a fuel tuner with the flashed ECU; some say their bike won't run smoothly without one; some say they removed their fuel tuner after the flash and it's never run better. Everyone has to cross that bridge on their own based on the various environmental and configuration factors affecting your bike.

I am personally hoping to completely remove my tuner after I get some more mileage on mine. It's currently taken out of the circuits, but not removed from the bike. If I continue to have the popping issues I'm currently having with just the flashed ECU, I may have to have the tuner added back in with a custom map. Time will tell on what I do, but it would be great to sell the tuner and help cover the cost of the flash. I'll post in one of threads whatever I decide when that time comes.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome!
Randoms write up on Ivan's flash is spot on. It is the best $ spent on the warrior. He also sells the PCV and will load his Map on it for you. It is a good place to start and then you can dyno adjust if you like. If you're gonna buy both pieces it's a great option.

Churchkeys VBAK comes with AIS delete plates FYI.

For handlebars I added some small kickback risers (4.5" I think) and it corrected the ergonomics for me perfect and no need to change wires/cables etc.

are you also a pilot? I am starting a new job next month flying a PC12.

Reactions: random_guy

·
Registered
2006 warrior
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome!
Randoms write up on Ivan's flash is spot on. It is the best $ spent on the warrior. He also sells the PCV and will load his Map on it for you. It is a good place to start and then you can dyno adjust if you like. If you're gonna buy both pieces it's a great option.

Churchkeys VBAK comes with AIS delete plates FYI.

For handlebars I added some small kickback risers (4.5" I think) and it corrected the ergonomics for me perfect and no need to change wires/cables etc.

are you also a pilot? I am starting a new job next month flying a PC12.
I’ll look into Ivan‘s flash a little bit more. I did get some disappointing news today Churchkeys said he will not ship his VBAK International. I didn’t think Canada was considered international. I’m really hoping he changes his mind because I can’t figure out how to get his kit otherwise. I don’t know if anybody has any ideas to help me out with that.
Yes I’m a pilot I actually flew a PC 12 years ago in Ontario for a medevac. You’ll love it it’s absolutely fantastic Aircraft!!! For the last three years I’ve been flying medevac in British Columbia king air 350 and a beach 1900 for bariatric.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Welcome from North Cuba and congrats on acquiring the best bike in the world.
The autotune feature is nice from DynoJet but there are also a bunch of tunes that have been submitted by fellow members Power Commander Maps
Also a new thing is the new power commander controls timing as back in the days it didn't so there is more power to be found I am sure.

·
Registered
2006 warrior
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
200 is the correct width, but those side walls just seem really big. I think normally, 200/55 R17 is the full listing, maybe 200/50 R17. Can you share what those are? Super curious as they look like just normal cruiser tires and not the performance type tires we usually see.

Makes sense about the airbox.

For Ivan's Flash, it's not actually a map, per se. It unlocks the full potential of the engine and changes how the fuel injection is handled. Normally, when you close the throttle, it de-energizes the injectors and completely cuts fuel to the engine. This makes throttle response more jerky when you start to open it up again. His flash addresses this. It also ups the rev limit so you have more room on the top end and can utilize a larger power band. There are other things it does too that I can't remember but it's not a map. Also, from talking with him briefly when I sent him my ECU, there is only one flash he does for the Warrior so every flashed Warrior ECU is the same. There is plenty of ink on the forum about the various pros and cons of using a fuel tuner with the flashed ECU; some say their bike won't run smoothly without one; some say they removed their fuel tuner after the flash and it's never run better. Everyone has to cross that bridge on their own based on the various environmental and configuration factors affecting your bike.

I am personally hoping to completely remove my tuner after I get some more mileage on mine. It's currently taken out of the circuits, but not removed from the bike. If I continue to have the popping issues I'm currently having with just the flashed ECU, I may have to have the tuner added back in with a custom map. Time will tell on what I do, but it would be great to sell the tuner and help cover the cost of the flash. I'll post in one of threads whatever I decide when that time comes.

I checked today and the tire is a 200/55-17

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
I checked today and the tire is a 200/55-17
Thanks for the follow through. I guess I’ve already gotten used to my new-to-me 250/40-18 tire’s profile.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I did see a pic of my last 200 tire and it was a 200/50-17. The 55 just looks like a huge side wall.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
Did you do the rear swingarm to get a 250 on it?
Yes…. well, someone else did their swing arm years ago but they recently totaled their bike, bought it back from insurance, and parted it out. It just so happened I was close enough that no shipping was involved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts