RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing a paper for school on the choices motorcyclists make on helmet use. Here is what I need if you all can help.

I need to know your age, bike(s) you ride, and whether you would wear a helmet all the time, most of the time, part of the time or never assuming there were no laws on the topic one way or another.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

·
Registered
963 Posts
Me: 35going on 12.

Bikes:

81 Kawasaki GPZ1100

04 Warrior

I wear full face most of the time 98%and the other percentage I wear a half. The only time I will ride without a helmet is when I go to the car wash 3 blocks away (about once a month). I wear helmets by choice regardless of law.

·
Registered
135 Posts

bike: 04 warrior

Helmet Usage: Full face 75% of the time. I only go without it when its above 90 degrees and I'm gonna be sitting in a bunch of traffic.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,714 Posts
I agree w/Judge the type of helmet has something to do with wearing one so I'll show that too.

'03 Warrior, '01 VStar1100

I currently wear a 3/4 helmet with flip-visor for local warm weather riding, or a full-face flip front with flip visor for distance and speed.

I have worn helmets even when riding in states like Arizona and Idaho without helmet laws. I presume those states still don't have helmet laws.

·
Registered
999 Posts

07 warrior.-- 97 vulcan

For the last 10 years I only wore a half helmet in the rain, or no helmet( when clear)

Met 2 life changing people in the last month, now I wear half helmet 100% of the time.

no helmet laws if Fl.

·
Registered
262 Posts

MC: '07 Warrior Midnight

Helmet usage: full face (Shoei Multitec) on long trips or bad weather....no helmet any other time. I have a 1/2 and have worn it 3x's but, it is horribly uncomforable at speed (I think it is a function of speed and no winshield, so, I don't wear it anymore.

Law: not required

·
Registered
86 Posts
26 years old

2003 WarriorHalf helmet unless it is really cold then full face. Always wear a helmet lived in NH for 3 years with no helmet law and always wore a helmet still.

2000 Suzuki DRZ 350 (motocross helmet)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

96 Heritage Softail

wear a full face helmet 5% of the time in the summer/spring fall. and 60% in the winter.

I noticed a change from warrior to HD, with the warrior i wore the full face 60% of the time...

so the answer would be part of the time or never.......

no helmet law in texas.........

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
1 year old

Considering my state has a helmet law, I'm about 98% usage giving the 2% for when running around the neighborhood.

When in a (helmet) lawless state, 0% usage.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
53, ride an 02 Warrior, always wear a full face hat. Having dismounted a few bikes at speed... I now wear all the gear all the time.

There was a time when RayBans and Board-shorts (Bermudas, back then)was all the gear I needed. Then they tossed Nixon out, and it all went to ****.

·
Registered
208 Posts
26 yrs old

04 warrior

I wear a non dot helmet when riding localywhen its over 60 degrees, when its colder here or whengoing on long trips or riding in N.C. and Tennesee i wear a full helmet along with full gear from waist up ie leather jacket, leathergloves and full face helmet. I will put the full face and gearwhen i know i am going to do something dangerous and dumb on my bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts

'02 Warrior

Full face (and gear) when i know i am going to get a bit crazy and long rides and cold.

no Helmet when i am just going to be cruising around town.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Im 26 years old from Chicago IL. No helmet laws.

2007 Warrior

Id say 75% of the time I do not wear a helmet. 25% of the time however, when on the expressway around the city I wear a Full Face Helmet and when I know Ill be out riding agressively. I went down on the Dragon a month ago and I would have def cracked my skull if I didnt have one on at the time.

Helmets can do great things, but they can also limit your vision.

·
Registered
670 Posts
27 years old

08 MidnightWarrior

Previous Bike - 04 Honda CBR600RR

I wear a full face Shoe helmet 95% of the time. The main reason I do this isn't protection however. It's to keep the wind out of my eyes because the bike doesn't have a windsheild. The 5% of the time that I don't wear a helmet is when I'm doing 40mph or under running to the gas station down the street or somewhere else really close by. I can not ride helmet less at freeway speeds. My eyes water too much.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts