RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s a couple on eBay for $500+...I would rather give my money to someone on here..just want to throw it out there one last time before giving in..thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,439 Posts
Bro are u completely positive that it's your
ECU that's messed up?.?

Might wanna take a breather, and make sure b4 you drop that kind of $$$

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 XV1700PC Warrior
148 Posts
I have an ecu off of an 08 I can part with if you really need one. I will start looking for it, and then plug it up to my bike to ensure all is good

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an ecu off of an 08 I can part with if you really need one. I will start looking for it, and then plug it up to my bike to ensure all is good
[/QUOTE
Definitely make sure that's the culprit first.
Bro are u completely positive that it's your
ECU that's messed up?.?

Might wanna take a breather, and make sure b4 you drop that kind of $$$

Hey man..so my front injector isn’t pulsing and raw fuel is pissing out the pipe...Long story short I was able to swap ecu with another warrior and it did the same thing..but thanks for trying help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that would be awesome...let me know when where how much and I’ll get it going...much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
7,439 Posts
So you mentioned that u swapped ECU from another warrior, and it still was acting up?.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you mentioned that u swapped ECU from another warrior, and it still was acting up?.?

No,my mechanic buddy has my bike at his shop,he put a meter to the injector and it wasn’t pulsing..we were going to start chasing wires and by luck a guy brought a warrior in for an oil change he was cool with putting my ecu into his bike and sure enough his front cylinder flooded

·
Premium Member
2008 XV1700PC Warrior
148 Posts
Man that would be awesome...let me know when where how much and I’ll get it going...much appreciated
I'll look for it tomorrow after work, hook it up, and let you know. I'll record a video of the swap (with my bike running my stock ecu, and then me putting in the other stock ecu) in case you want it so you know all is well and working with my bike. Hope this fixes the issue for you. I'll message you tomorrow

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,719 Posts
Intriguing. No error codes and one injector continuously delivering fuel with no other observable symptoms. I don't see a fault path through the ECU that would cause this in a vacuum. Did ECU pins 5 and 6 get bent and the plug installed anyway, shorting between them?

Or something posted is probably misleading. When your expert mechanic turns on the key with the bike in neutral and kickstand deployed, what happens, what is seen heard smelled.

Does the injector begin injecting right then? The ECU triggers a shot of fuel for first-start. Is it not turning off?

Or does the injector being injecting when start button is pressed and then sticks on even when the start button is released?

Or some other similar scenario.

I'm worried that yet again a new member is going to buy and ECU and the symptoms will recur. Time will tell. Hope it fixes it permanently!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good questions...I’m going to the shop tomorrow I’ll show them this message and see what they think..when I bought the bike I dropped it right off to them and I really haven’t had time to get into it,I honestly don’t know if it’s throwing error codes or not..when they swapped the ecu and the other bike had a similar problem it pretty much just stopped there...unless they just bullshitted me about that but I don’t know why they would do that when they would make more money going through it and fixing it?..at this point a new ecu will tell me a lot and if it doesn’t fix it I’ve eliminated that and I’ll find a new mechanic and or use this forum to figure it out .I will also either send ecu back to the member or pass it along to another member at cost..I’m mechanically inclined but just plain suck at electrical so hopefully this works..thanks for your time and knowledge

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,719 Posts
The fuel injection /slash/ start logic relay receives 12v from the battery and sends it thru the relay when energized but there is a branch-off before the relay (yet another pair of white wires) running to the fuel injectors. One of those white wires goes to injector 1 and the other to injector 2. Then Jug1 goes to ECU pin 5 and Jug2 goes to ECU pin 6. These wires must not be reversed. Continuing on, the 'power switching' is inside the ECU after these pins. Until each ECU-switch 'energizes its injection circuit' no power flows so no injection occurs. So, the on-switches are AFTER the injectors. It's called negative-polarity but to avoid that confusion just blow it off and you'll realize there is always power at the injectors but it cannot flow because it's an incomplete circuit.

So what makes the injectors switch on and off? A bunch of things. Your mechanic needs to get into the manual. We here have no eyes on the bike and your mechanic is not able to explain everything they see. They should not need to.

But they need to realize that these ECU's are not fragile. They are robust and they provide a lot more data than some expect. If you are made of money then buy a new ECU and let me have your old one for price of mailing. I believe there is a 99% chance that I will test it and then I'll put up a nifty for sale ad. I should make enough for a really good bottle of single malt scotch. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The fuel injection /slash/ start logic relay receives 12v from the battery and sends it thru the relay when energized but there is a branch-off before the relay (yet another pair of white wires) running to the fuel injectors. One of those white wires goes to injector 1 and the other to injector 2. Then Jug1 goes to ECU pin 5 and Jug2 goes to ECU pin 6. These wires must not be reversed. Continuing on, the 'power switching' is inside the ECU after these pins. Until each ECU-switch 'energizes its injection circuit' no power flows so no injection occurs. So, the on-switches are AFTER the injectors. It's called negative-polarity but to avoid that confusion just blow it off and you'll realize there is always power at the injectors but it cannot flow because it's an incomplete circuit.

So what makes the injectors switch on and off? A bunch of things. Your mechanic needs to get into the manual. We here have no eyes on the bike and your mechanic is not able to explain everything they see. They should not need to.

But they need to realize that these ECU's are not fragile. They are robust and they provide a lot more data than some expect. If you are made of money then buy a new ECU and let me have your old one for price of mailing. I believe there is a 99% chance that I will test it and then I'll put up a nifty for sale ad. I should make enough for a really good bottle of single malt scotch. :)
scotch guy...should have known

·
Premium Member
2008 XV1700PC Warrior
148 Posts
All good questions...I’m going to the shop tomorrow I’ll show them this message and see what they think..when I bought the bike I dropped it right off to them and I really haven’t had time to get into it,I honestly don’t know if it’s throwing error codes or not..when they swapped the ecu and the other bike had a similar problem it pretty much just stopped there...unless they just bullshitted me about that but I don’t know why they would do that when they would make more money going through it and fixing it?..at this point a new ecu will tell me a lot and if it doesn’t fix it I’ve eliminated that and I’ll find a new mechanic and or use this forum to figure it out .I will also either send ecu back to the member or pass it along to another member at cost..I’m mechanically inclined but just plain suck at electrical so hopefully this works..thanks for your time and knowledge
[/QUOTE
I sent you a message regarding pictures and video of both ECUs being plugged in and the bike running without issues or codes.
(If you still need an ECU)

·
Premium Member
2008 XV1700PC Warrior
148 Posts
Anything?
I shipped it to the gentleman on Friday. ETA shows arrival for tomorrow. I know that ECU is good as can be, so if it was his ECU, this one should fix the issue for him. Hoping, anyways. I know I can't stand going more than a week without riding my beautiful bikes. So hopefully this gets him back on the road

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
I shipped it to the gentleman on Friday. ETA shows arrival for tomorrow. I know that ECU is good as can be, so if it was his ECU, this one should fix the issue for him. Hoping, anyways. I know I can't stand going more than a week without riding my beautiful bikes. So hopefully this gets him back on the road
You are like a lil tiny guardian angel Hair Cheek Cartoon Happy Gesture

1 - 20 of 27 Posts