RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem guys.

I rode the bike for the first time in about 2 months today andI put fuel stabilzer in the tank before I left. Today the bike sat at idle immediately after startup and sounded great as usual. I rode it around for about 15 minutes with maybe 1 or two stops. As I am getting off the highway I came to a light and the bike stalled once I came to a stop and put it in neutral to stop. I looked down and it was about time for some gas so I went to the Hess station and filled up, only about 2.5 gallons and on my way I went. At every stop from there out it stalled. The idle was extrememly low and varied. I let it sit at home for a couple hours and when I started it again it sounded good and idled fine but had a slight sucking or gushy sound. I racked the throttle a quick second and it stopped making the sound and started idleing fine again.

Before I take the tank off and try to find the noise do you gys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help as usual.

Roger

·
Registered
228 Posts
My brothers bike sounded like that, it's not a Warrior but I put my hand over each exhaust pipe and one was not firing, we found a small metal shaving in a float from a previous mod. I know the Warrior is not the same but maybe a place to start? One cylinder not firing?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
The fuel stabilizer needed to be added before it sat in cold temps for 2 months. My guess is you had some condensation in the tank. Once you get into that new tank of gas a bit it should go away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts