RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another member had offered his Chambermaids to me, unfortunately, we were unable to agree on the price. in the meantime, i had ordered a new set of Chambermaids, but called and cancelled due to my indecision in regards to the Chambermaids and the Samson Short Slashers.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] i love the tips on the Samsons, however i love the length of the Bubs. then i saw the Hard Krome American Classics and Phatperformance's site says that there are slash-cut tips available for them as well. so, im wondering if i would be able to get the Hard Krome's and be able to alternate btwn the flush ends and the slash cut ends when i want to. i cant do that with the Bubs and the Samsons are TOO short without the tips. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

so, basically, i dont know what my options are and im waiting for Phat to call me back. anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

tia [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Jon

·
Registered
185 Posts
oh how i don't envy you. i took a month agonizing over which pipes to get before deciding on my ripsaws. the good thing is that almost all of them look great on the warrior.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rip saws were in the running until i decided against them... they look mean, but i like the look of the slash cuts a little better. ****, this is all i think about all frikkin day long.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I assume that you are talking about the Short slashers, not the full slashers? I really like the Sampson pipes...If so, I think the Slashers kick the American Classics butt. Get those. I have Ripsaws and love em...Sound awesome..I imagine the short slashers are very similar in sound.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey, I havent writen anything on the site before but I use it regularly. I went with chambermaids instead of samsons because of the brake resevoir bracket that comes with the bubs. The pipes look so similar(i did like the samsons a touch more) that the included bracket pushed me to bubs. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
102-Copper,
You already posted a topic on this same subject. I locked the first posting on this topic. Please refrain from double posting on the same subject. Thank-you.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
You got to be giving up performance with pipes as short as the Slashers.
I also though they looked to short. On metric cruisers you have to be a little more careful about what you're uncovering. I thought the fact that the chaimbermaids came back just past the front of the swingarm looked a lot better.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I love the look of the shorter pipes on the Warrior. Best looking, but I was not willing to give up on the performance aspect of shortening up my pipes and losing back pressure. If you look at the OE and PR racing Warrior's all they really have are header's, but then they have the hop up kit which makes up for any loss back pressure.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I don't like the rear look (emptiness)when you use shorts pipes.
I don't like to scratch the pipe when carving tight curves neither (Propipe).So I like the stock look but more sound. Ta,taaaaa.
Roadhouse slip-on. Sounds good...looks good...fits good...and comes with relocation brake kit and adapter for an oxigen sensor like K&N.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the Bigshots as it relates to scraping in the curves, have scraped the pegs but not the pipes yet. They are offset a bit higher.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you just want to get rid of the chrome plated trash can you might want to look at the cobra slash cut megaphone. It slips right on to the existing collector. Also comes with brake res relocation bracket so the top muffler bracket can be removed. Says non removable baffel but drill the rivet and it will slide right out. I left baffel in running with Harley's its quite until you nail it. cobra says no fuel adjustment reuired. About $159

1 - 20 of 22 Posts